No Will Power

Options
Does anybody have any tips to share plz? I have no will power at all and desperately need some 2 lose weight

Replies

• motivatedkarma
    motivatedkarma Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. When I make it a competition it is easier for me to stick with it. Also I try not to cut out any foods, but just limit the amount I eat. Drinking a lot of water helps to, a lot of times the beverages we consume add a lot more calories than we think.
  • MxJorgens
    MxJorgens Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I want to say I relate and understand. Summoning willpower to say, go for a walk, is sometimes daunting and exhausting just to think about. If you have a plan, section it off, don't think about the whole thing at once. Do it in parts!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Take out a piece of paper and make a plan. How much do you have to lose? I suggest a SMART goal with weekly targets.

Re-evaluate your plan every week, and if something is not working, do something different. Re-evaluate again in a week.

No more than a pound a week.
  • ecarey0500
    ecarey0500 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank u everyone, means a lot n will take it all on board. Jus in the middle of a fitness video with my 8 n 6 yr old. Trying 2make it like a game xx
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    One day at a time or small goals. Sometimes when we think of the entire journey it seems impossible but thinking of smaller steps seems more manageable. If you start with I want to exercise for 20 minutes today and then do it you've just given yourself a victory which will likely help motivate you. Give yourself small tasks like logging your food for a day or losing 2 lbs and when you hit those pic new tasks or goals.
  • shortie120
    shortie120 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay so I'm back again. My main issue is consistency. I've lost 20 pounds in the past but the moment I moved and stopped going to the gym it all came back. I just recently had a baby boy and I really want to get back into shape and become a healthier me. I don't want a diet, I don't want a quick fix. I need a lifestyle change. I'm hoping MFP will be able to supply me with a support system to see me through this journey for the long haul.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? If so, ignore everything else I'm typing here and read the breastfeeding threads. I have no idea how many extra calories that requires. Otherwise, if you are struggling, you could try setting MFP up for maintenance so you have an achievable goal, day in and day out. On good days, aim for 250 calories less than maintenance, 500 if you are feeling especially ambitious. Make sure you get enough protein (minimum 20% per day), and as many vegetables as you can stomach, and get exercise for it's feel good benefits. No need to feel guilty if you didn't get your exercise in that day. Make the process as enjoyable and as easy as it can be and you will find yourself far less likely to give up.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @ecarey0500 very good to make it fun. If it's fun you will do it again.

https://goo.gl/images/t9ep2l
  • lindarpolk
    lindarpolk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    1. Think about whether something you are tempted to eat will help you reach your goals. Realize that you have the power to turn it down and take action to improve your own health. Don't tell yourself that you'll never have it again or later on you'll resent it and lose all control. Just decide whether or not you're going to have it today. Think about the best choices for your body. How you take care of your body effects how you feel physically and mentally.

2. Like Dr. Phil says, "You can't eat it if it's not there." Control your environment by not having junk food in the house, or at least don't have it sitting out on the table or counter where it's easy for you to see it. Stock your kitchen with healthy food and snacks that are easily accessible.

3. Get in the habit of keeping yourself involved in some kind of project or physical activity so you're not sitting idle and more prone to snacking. Keep yourself too busy to be tempted by food.