Does anyone know the Macro %s for 21 Day Fix?

Options
I wanted to set my MFP food diary macros to align with the 21 Day Fix meal plan. Has anyone already done this and, if so, what macros did you use. I know the protein % is higher and the carb % lower than the general setting MFP provides. Thanks for any help! :)

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Are you planning to weigh your food on a food scale?

AFAIK 21 Day Fix is measuring volume (containers) not weighing, so the density and variety you choose for each container makes that pretty hard to judge, e.g. if you put chunks of chicken in your protein total will be different than if you fill it up with ground turkey.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    40 carbs/30 protein/30 fat
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    The fats containers are tiny. I never hit 30% fat.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yep, 40p/30c/30f macros. Personally, I like 40p/40c/20f macros better. More carbs give a bit more energy for workouts. Either way will work just fine!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Tara4boys wrote: »
    The fats containers are tiny. I never hit 30% fat.

Well, remember that the fat containers are not the only fats you're getting with 21 Day Fix. The blue containers are your main fats, but you're still getting fats from your orange container and your teaspoons. You're even getting in fat from the reds and a bit from the yellow depending on the combination of foods eaten.

As I said in the other 21 Day Fix thread, 40C/30F/30P is definitely the closest split. If you feel that you remain hungry with this macro split then play around with it a bit.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Depending on what proteins, fats and carbs you put into each container the macros and caloric content can vary wildly. To calculate macros, buy a food scale and track consistently.