Fitbit Recommendations

Options
jennacole12
jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
I am new here and trying to get back into my excersize regimen after having my son. I was thinking getting a Fitbit might help me but there are so many types, any recommendations?? Also from looking at some of these posts it looks like they sync up with this app, that would be awesome. Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I say pick the one with the features you want and that fits within your budget.

I have/use the Blaze currently (also have a Surge that's band is breaking after a year of use, a zip and a flex). I like the blaze because I can replace the bands, it has a color display, hrm, different exercise modes, that it gives me a summary of my workout on the screen when I press finish (AVG HR, Max HR, Cal burned, etc) and can connect with my phone for GPS tracking. I dislike that it doesn't pick up steps when I'm pushing something like a stroller or shopping cart (all wrist worn activity trackers I've had are like this).
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with my Charge HR. Has a readout with watch, which is handy when I am teaching. I also like that it's not too big, which I felt the surge and Blaze would be. In my dream world they come out with a mini Blaze, so it looks nice, has different bands, and would look better on a smaller wrist like mine.
  • SlowPath2Fit
    SlowPath2Fit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and had a Fitbit Force, which is now the Charge. My Force was recalled. I switched to the Garmin Vivofit2 and my wife stole it. So, I got a Garmin Vivosmart. The display crashed on it, and it being replaced, free, with the Garmin Vivosmart HR. I would look at the Garmin devices as well. They are very nice and the batteries on the Vivofit devices last over a year without charging.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Do all these sync with MFP or only certain ones?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Do all these sync with MFP or only certain ones?

It's the Fitbit account that syncs with MFP not the device itself. So it really doesn't matter which one you get, as long as the accounts are linked the information will be sent (providing there isn't an issue between the two sites which does happen from time to time).

edit: Garmin is the same way. It's the Garmin account that syncs to MFP.
  • hlbabin
    hlbabin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got the Alta and love it. It's small and monitors what I need. I don't want anything to big on my wrist bc I am not used to wearing bracelets are things like that.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me the original fit bit. Several of mine friends have the Alta and seem to really like it. And you can get a good discount some days.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    We are a Fitbit Family, I've had one for over five years and am still addicted to my Fitbit feedback. Each different kind has it's pros and cons so just choose which one works best for you (and which price point). We have had pretty much all of them (although not the newest ones) in our family ;)
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've had 2. One without heart rate and then the latest one, Charge, which has heart rate. I love the HR...had no idea how hard I was or wasn't pushing myself without it.
  • jennacole12
    Options
    Does the Alta monitor HR?
  • hacked0ff
    hacked0ff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does the Alta monitor HR?

It does not.