So much cellulite...I hate myself naked!!

Options
Please tell me if you have ever seen an improvement in your cellulite. I am 42, mom of 2, not overweight, but covered in cellulite. What do I do????/?/

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've seen an improvement, but I was overweight. I also literally worked my butt off for over two years, lifting heavy weights-losing weight, maintaing and lifting, purposely gaining weight to gain muscle, then cutting again, etc.

Even now, I still have some. But I'm strong and don't have a crap body anymore so I'm not too bothered by it. I'm not going to go walking around in short shorts though.
  • socalrunner59
    socalrunner59 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It was my cellulite covered glutes that made me realize my hiatus from the gym and running was destroying my body. Forty-five days ago I started on a serious journey to reclaim my body. Returned to my nutritional way of eating; hit the gym; started running again. There's already marked improvement in the look of my glutes--the cellulite is disappearing. I do benefit from satellite cell as I was very fit for a number of years. Satellite cells remain in muscle tissue after you become sedentary, then boost muscle development when you become active again. Like arditarose explained, cellulite improves when you build muscle beneath it.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine disappears when I strength train regularly.
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You have to work out. Cellulite is caused by the way your body holds fat cells. Lose the fat and strengthen the muscle, and it will get better. You can do it! But don't stress too much. It's totally normal.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Work on gaining muscle and strength training. You may always have cellulite but if you lower your body fat percentage and increase muscle it will probably look better.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Another vote for strength training here!
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Strength training for the win. Cutting dairy helped me too. My body has some bad reactions to it...even dark circles around the eyes!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Strength training helps, dim lights, also a tan or shimmer cream!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    While strength training & reducing body fat can help, some is still controlled by genetics and even lean athletic women sometimes still have cellulite.
  • summertime19
    summertime19 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions!