Can't practice what I preach

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
I'm always telling people not to worry when they don't lose weight if it's been less than 3 weeks but now that it's me who isn't losing weight, it's really stressing me out.

I haven't really lost much weight since the 13th, I was 130 then got down to 128.4 and now I'm back up to 130. I actually gained .2 since last week. I track my weekly calories instead of daily and I'm averaging 1200 a day. I weigh everything. I started walking 2-6 miles everyday 2 weeks ago (compared to not exercising at all before). It's not time of the month.

Someone give me some peace of mind lol

Replies

• ehine1
    ehine1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just because you are not losing weight does not mean you are not getting more fit. Do the exercise, keep the diet in check, and the weight will come in time.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    st476 wrote: »
    I'm always telling people not to worry when they don't lose weight if it's been less than 3 weeks but now that it's me who isn't losing weight, it's really stressing me out.

I haven't really lost much weight since the 13th, I was 130 then got down to 128.4 and now I'm back up to 130. I actually gained .2 since last week. I track my weekly calories instead of daily and I'm averaging 1200 a day. I weigh everything. I started walking 2-6 miles everyday 2 weeks ago (compared to not exercising at all before). It's not time of the month.

Someone give me some peace of mind lol

weight loss isnt linear so some weeks it will go up which can be caused by water weight due to sodium,undigested food,that time of the month, etc. new exercise can cause water retention as well. give it time. there are some people who dont lose weight every week and thats normal.if you are stressed that can cause issues too. relax and just do what you are doing and you should see a loss soon.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    At 130 you're hot and sexy. Quit worrying and keep walking.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    At 130 pounds unless you are SUPER active, .5 per week is really the most you can expect to lose. Meaning temporary water weight can easily mask your true results. High sodium, stress, lack of sleep, change in workout routine can all affect water weight. Keep going, and in my opinion its ok to count your 'lowest recent' weight as your official weight. Until the scale shows a new, lower weight.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    take measurements - it may be more useful than the scale