How long have you been a member?

lisahebert186
lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
How long have you been a member of MFP and what can you say this app has helped you accomplish?

I have been on here for 134 days and my biggest take away is being able to eat healthy and tracking everything I eat.

Replies

• fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    I joined in 2011 and managed to lose 50 lbs. I also gained some great friends.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Since 2012. Lost 50 lbs in 2012, had a baby (and gained it all back) in summer 2014, then started logging again since late 2014.

Im done havi babies so hopefully this is my last round of loss and I can maintain from here out!
  • lisahebert186
    That's great. I am making some pretty good friends as well.
    I am also done having babies so I decided it was time for me.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I joined in March 2013 but didn't really start using the app until 2014 when I lost 45lbs. I'm in the process of being done having babies. I'm pregnant with my last one now. So, I'll be on here for at least another 2 years most likely. This one is due in early January...I've met some great people on here.
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    My sister told me about MFP in 2013, and I tried it, but I wasn't ready. I'd already lost the weight and was very happy with the result, so I just didn't stay. What brought me back three years later was my nutritionist. Now, I am using MFP to watch my weight (maintenance of sorts), deal with type 2 diabetes, and make sure I don't gain back too much weight as I try to build up muscle.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Joined in 2012. Went from 265 to 185 in about a year, then quit logging. Bumped back up to 196 over two and a half years (not a terrible run, really), and then started calorie counting on my own, just using a basic calculator about eight months ago. Got down into the high 150s in seven months. Started logging here again a bit over a month ago, mostly to make macro tracking more convenient, as I am running keto, and went from 158.5, to my current 151.2.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Joined (for the first time) in 2010. I lost 60lbs and got super fit. I'm still super fit, but at a body fat level that is acceptable to me and easily maintained.
  • lisahebert186
    I love hearing this. It is such great motivation for me to see other people who have lost weight and are working to maintain it.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    I've been around since 2010, but didn't get serious about losing the college weight until 2012. Went from 150 to 120, settled in to maintenance at 122, and stayed there for a couple of years. Then I quit logging and focused on being happy and enjoying life... Which had the side effect of gaining 10 lbs. I've dropped 5 of those, recomped a bit, am now hanging around trying to decide what to do next.

Wise members on the forums have given me a HUGE amount of fitness and nutrition education, as well as encouragement to research and learn. I've also gotten valuable insight about how to think about food - fuel, no good/bad foods, a nutrient-inclusive mindset. The things I've learned on here have helped way more with my ED than therapy ever did.
  • zainabanwer
    zainabanwer Posts: 25 Member
    I joined mfp long time ago, but actually started using it about a 40 days ago.
  • hankpick77
    hankpick77 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Joined a couple of years back but didn't make it a daily thing till about three months ago
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    I joined a long time ago but didn't really take it seriously until about a month and a half ago. everyone I know complains how tough it is to log everything but it doesn't bother me at all recently
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    I'm not even sure...on and off for a few years. :) I've lost 45 pounds so far this go around. I'm sticking to it!
  • lisahebert186
    I find that logging my food has been the best thing for me. I make it a priority to log my food at every meal. Even my co-workers will ask me, have you logged your food. If I take left overs for lunch the next day, I log my lunch the night before so it is done already.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    About 7" give or take.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    How long have you been a member of MFP and what can you say this app has helped you accomplish?

I have been on here for 134 days and my biggest take away is being able to eat healthy and tracking everything I eat.

I have been on here for years now. It generally gives me good accountability is the jist of it for me.
  • lisahebert186
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    About 7" give or take.

Such a disappointment. : ( lol
  • Chelly_Francis
    Chelly_Francis Posts: 1 Member
    well i just thought i would try it. i just joined like a few minutes ago so im really new to it
  • heyitslexi95
    heyitslexi95 Posts: 39 Member
    I've been on this account for 316 days & have lost 16.2lbs. In the past I have used MFP on/off since 2011.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Joined Jan of this yeR.stRted Jenny the same time
    Budget restrictions I am on a pause for one will go back soon
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited July 2016
    November 2012. I helped me be as accurate as possible in tracking my calories. I haven't logged anything in over three years of maintenance, but this still provides me with almost unlimited entertainment.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    341 days, and lost my last 11 vanity pounds here! MFP makes it really easy to keep the weight off, eat as much as possible, and raise my fitness levels; what's not to love?!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    I have 762 day streak going, w/o skipping logging a meal.

What have I accomplished?

-Physically
    I've ran Several 5Ks,
    I've ran one 10K
    I've ran one Half Marathon
    I've done several Cycling Sportifs
    I've increased my strength and muscle tone

-Mentally
    I've learned that I can do anything I put my mind and heart to.
    I've learned that pain is only temporary, push harder, go further, go faster you'll thank yourself tomorrow
    I've learned that you are your only competition

-Emotional
    I've learned to love my body
    I've learned to be comfortable in my skin
    I've learned that sometimes we'll fail. And that's okay.
    I've learned that sometimes we win. And that's okay.
  • lisahebert186
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    November 2012. I helped me be as accurate as possible in tracking my calories. I haven't logged anything in over three years of maintenance, but this still provides me with almost unlimited entertainment.

Oh the entertainment factor. Lol
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Since 2014, 885 day streak and counting
  • lisahebert186
    JdMcCoy82 wrote: »
    Since 2014, 885 day streak and counting

That's amazing.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    March of 2011. Been on maintenance at goal for about 5 years now. B)
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    edited August 2016
    I really have no idea. 3 years maybe?
  • Mrmiller0422
    Mrmiller0422 Posts: 91 Member

Joined in spring of 2015 didn't do anything till January 6 2016 list 37 lbs in 4 month now maintaining it.
  • pilot1960
    pilot1960 Posts: 24 Member
    Joined because my wife was not eating enough. So we both joined for mutual encouragement. Been 1400 days today without a break.