I gave up yesterday!

Options
I am so sick! Yesterday was even worse. I was trying to log everything but I just couldn't seem to really care. I just wanted to eat little amounts of anything that would settle my stomach. I came close to throwing up a few times, but managed to keep everything down.

Today I went back and logged what I missed, and learned that I didn't really do that bad until I logged the 2 tablespoons of honey I added to my hot tea. :-( Oh well.

I am still feeling miserable today and just want to say screw it all over again today. This is so hard.

Any suggestions on how to stick with it? Any suggestions on low carb, decent calorie count foods that are good when you are really sick with a horrible cold with sinus pressure, sore throat and an on & off fever?

Replies

• callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am so sick! Yesterday was even worse. I was trying to log everything but I just couldn't seem to really care. I just wanted to eat little amounts of anything that would settle my stomach. I came close to throwing up a few times, but managed to keep everything down.

Today I went back and logged what I missed, and learned that I didn't really do that bad until I logged the 2 tablespoons of honey I added to my hot tea. :-( Oh well.

I am still feeling miserable today and just want to say screw it all over again today. This is so hard.

Any suggestions on how to stick with it? Any suggestions on low carb, decent calorie count foods that are good when you are really sick with a horrible cold with sinus pressure, sore throat and an on & off fever?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Make a soup with broth and veggies. When I'm sick I usually don't eat enough so I don't even bother logging.

I hope you get to feeling better.:flowerforyou:
  • callme911
    callme911 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anna.

Last night my fiance came home and made a great chicken noodle soup. It really made me feel a lot better. Especially for my throat. It was good, and there are leftovers that I plan of having for today's dinner.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Some days I make a soup using a couple cans of tomatoes, hamburger browned with an onion then drained, then I toss in frozen green beans and corn, a little extra water and a couple of boullion cubes, and maybe some garlic. It's pretty low carb and is real filling.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    If it is anything like we had in the UK awhile ago my heart goes out to you it is a bas...d :devil: of a virus, laid me low for more than 10 days and only now 8 weeks afterwards :noway: am I beginning to feel like myself again.
    Firstly why not make a barley broth with veg and or use a chicken carcass and veg to make a soup the older generation will always tell you that there is nothing like a chicken soup to make you feel better and don't forget the old adage "Feed a cold and starve a fever".
    Then for your sinus congestion add a few drops of Camphor essential oil and Lavender essential oil to a bowl of very hot (not boiling) water put a towel over your head and the bowl and breath the vapours in. I find this help me tremendously:bigsmile: .
    Hope you feel better soon :drinker: Good Luck and dont lose the will to continue your journey to a better figure :tongue:

Life may not be the party we hoped for :grumble :explode: but while we are here we might as well dance! :drinker: :blushing:"