Am I doing enough exercise ???

Options
Hi everyone
After a rough time and up and down weight gain and lose I have decided enough is enough of dieting without exercise
I have decided to walk at least 30 minutes 5 times a week, complete daily exercise challenges (squat,cardio and thighs ) and complete 25 squats every time I go to the bathroom
Is this enough to loose weight with eating good too ?
Thanks

Replies

• ehine1
    ehine1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a start in the right direction. If you try to be active every day you'll be well on your way.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eating in a deficit is enough to lose weight.

As far as exercising for your health, do whatever is sustainable.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, you don't need to exercise to lose weight. However, it's good for your health and lets you eat more, especially once you hit maintenance.

Adding in regular daily walking if you were not doing it before is a great change and will raise your TDEE some. I don't know what the challenges are, so no opinion on them. Squats before going to the bathroom, eh, it might be a good way to make sure you get in some extra movement, but isn't going to add up to much of a calorie burn. I'd actually recommend looking into some kind of more structured bodyweight training plan if you want to stick with bodyweight exercises.
  • mochachichi
    mochachichi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @starrelated that sounds like a great plan. You can lose weight by eating a little less, exercising a little more or a combination of both and it sounds like you have that plan covered. Walking is so good for you too. Don't forget to plan ahead and try to foresee obstacles in the road ahead. For instance, you have a dinner date planned for a Friday night and won't have 30 minutes to devote for your walk. No problem...you can get in 15 minutes in the morning and maybe 15 minutes at mid-day and you are good to go. If you don't have 30 minutes all at once, great health benefits can still be seen by splitting up the work.

Here's a challenge for you: how about a couple times a week while watching your favourite 1-hour television program, you get up at every commercial break and do a challenge move of whatever you like---I don't know, maybe the first commercial break you do squats, the next commercial break you do crunches or pushups or running in place or air-punch that person that ticked you off that day. Make it fun.

You'll do great! Keep at it though...consistency is the key