Shedding For The Wedding

Hey Everyone, I've been here before... I did really well and then fell off the horse.... Well, Its time for me to get back on it and I need some help motivating and inspiring me. I am planning my wedding for Aug. 2018 and would like to lose 100-110 pounds. I want to look amazing when that day comes and not feel like the whale I know I've let myself turn into over the years. Please feel free to add me... I could use all the friends, advice, and motivation I can get. :-)

Replies

• ale527
    ale527 Posts: 95 Member
    Congrats on your engagement. A wedding is a great motivator!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Best wishes.

Bridal sizes run small. Remember that because that fact really screwed with my self esteem. I was a 6 at the time IRL but a 10-12 in bridal. Who wants to be a bigger size on their wedding day? :s

Go try on dresses somewhere you will never buy (cause honestly I'm encouraging you to waste somebody else's time so don't make a weekend appointment when it's super busy). As soon as you realize just how awful buying a wedding dress can be, stop. That's your motivation. When you go back for real you want it to be a pleasurable experience.

Now work your *kitten* off literally through diet, faithful logging & exercise. Then go back next summer of 2017 to shop. At that point order the size you are not the size you want to be because it's easier to take a dress in. It can be impossible to let one out. You don't want to not have a dress at the last minute.
  • Poppy2410
    Poppy2410 Posts: 9 Member
    OMG absolute same we are getting married in 2018 too. This is the booster for me good luck :) x