How to burn belly fat?

Options
What are some effective ways for burning off a little stomach fat, excercise-wise? I'm 5'11 and weigh an average 165 pounds. I'm fairly athletic and do have sense muscle. But I'm looking for ways to burn a little fat, perhaps only about 2-5 pounds of it, so I can see the definition of muscles.

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we can't spot reduce fat. Eating a calorie deficit diet will help to burn fat. It will come off which ever area it wants to. You can work on strengthening your core muscles.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Follow a structured lifting program focused on compound lifts. Eat at a small calorie deficit.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately, all you can do is eat less calories than your body requires to maintain its current weight (calorie deficit) and decreasing body fat % as spot reduction isn't possible. Another way is to eat at maintenance and start or continue lifting heavy (body recomp).
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I concur with the first three posters. Sorry, OP and good luck.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Follow a structured lifting program focused on compound lifts. Eat at a small calorie deficit.

This. When I started seriously lifting, I noticed my waist started getting smaller. Coinsidence? I don't think so
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Eat less and overall cardio exercise. One thing that helped me is the simply fit board. www.simplyfitboard.com

Disagree on overall cardio. OP is at a ht/wt where they would benefit from a recomp. Slight calorie deficit and a good structured progressive overload lifting program (and sure, cardio if they like it).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat/p1