50 & Happy!!

Options
I figure it's times to get my butt in gear! I love turning 50!! Life gets better and better but I want to get in shape!

Replies

• Onerose64
    Onerose64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Almost 53 here and have been wanting to get in shape for years now. Every year is going to be the year, only for me to feel more let down and discouraged as each summer comes and goes and every Christmas party is spent with me staring with envy at the other women in their short cocktail dresses. My wonderful daughter told me about this app and I'm 2 weeks into it now and loving every minute of it. For the first time in a long time, I'm feeling like it's finally going to happen. This will be the last summer "in hiding" and come Christmas this year, my goal is to be down a size or two. Look out Summer 2017. You are going to do it and reach your goals and I'm right there with you. Let's do this!
  • gammag47
    gammag47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I will be 70 in April. I lost 60 lbs last winter and was starting to put some weight back on, I still have a good 100+ to lose. I srarted with a personal trainer a month ago. Lost about 10 lbs. I am motivated to work out but haven't fully succeeded with getting my head together as far as eating.
  • rebecky8085
    rebecky8085 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello! Im Becky 55 and on this journey to, we can do it:)
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 55 and have always been in good shape until menopause hit! I've been battling the past few years to try and lose. Recent pics of me at 2 weddings just about put me over the edge Lol. Love the support and motivation from coming here. Friend me if you like :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    51 and 5'7" here and have lost 61#'s so far with MFP. It works if you are honest and patient. 23#'s more to hit my goal weight of 135. I'd like to get to 150 this year, and take it super slow after that.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 in March and have been here for 92 days and minus 24lbs. It's been an eye opener!