How much weight lost before...

Options
Ladies- how much weight loss happened befoe younoticed you needed to size your wedding ring? I know it'll be different for everyone, but I have quite a way to go still, and I'm already noticing that it turns around more than it did before. How many sizes did it change compared to how much weight lost? I don't want to size it again and again. Anybody have this happen? Please share-:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Ladies- how much weight loss happened befoe younoticed you needed to size your wedding ring? I know it'll be different for everyone, but I have quite a way to go still, and I'm already noticing that it turns around more than it did before. How many sizes did it change compared to how much weight lost? I don't want to size it again and again. Anybody have this happen? Please share-:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Not sure how much you typically have to lose, but I gained about 30lbs and had to have mine made a 1/2 size bigger. Now that I'm losing weight again, I'm wondering if that was smart. I just didn't want to put it in the drawer and not be able to wear it! That 30lb gain was over a period of 18 years, too!! Hope it doesn't take that long to lose it:tongue:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I don't have a wedding ring - but I am hoping for an engagment ring soon! :wink:

I do wear a claddagh (sp?) ring every day and have noticed it has started to get lose. It only cost like 14 dollars, so I may have to replace it if I don't get another ring, lol.

I'm curious to see what other people have to say.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    my wedding rings have already started turning around, but I am not going to have them sized unitl I lose all of my weight. I am not sure what I will do, as far as wearing them yet.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I went down 1 and 1/4 sizes in my engagement ring after I lost about 30lbs. It needs to go down another size now. I went from a 9 1/4 ring size to a 7 :bigsmile:

I agree it's annoying to have it resized again and again, but I caved in after a really scary day where it fell off and I almost lost it. Plus I refuse to NOT where it. I felt naked without it the 2 days it was at the jewlers being fixed :laugh:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    This is so interesting, my wedding ring is still not too loose. it turns a little but not enough to get it re-sized. I must have big knuckles, haha :laugh:
  • velvetwing
    Options
    Ive gained 30 lbs since my wedding..... my ring is so tight I can barley get it off... and even then it hurts so much I just leave it on and dont try any more. Its just stuck now LOL. Im hoping it will fit again after I loose some weight.
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I will need to have mine resized soon, i have lost 25lbs, last week one of my rings fell off while i was asleep. I still have 28lbs to go so i will wait as long as possible. I think i need to go down at least a 1/4 size maybe even 1/2 a size.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Okay so my experience isn't with a wedding ring but the last time I lost 70 lbs my ring size changed by about 2 sizes. I had ALL my rings sized DOWN to fit my new skinny fingers but now I put all the weight back on and well... HAHA. I refuse to size them again because I know I'll lose the weight.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Mine are loose on my finger now, they have been for a couple of months.
    DH wants to replace it when it gets too big rather than having it cut about, as this apparently weakens it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    my band is pretty wide, 10 mm, so I don't worry too much about weakening it (thougha whole new ring sounds fun:wink: )

I can live with it loose, I just don't want to lose it, and I don't know how soon it will be loose enough to worry about-
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well mine fell off while eating dinner last night - so I guess mine is too big at 44#
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    hmmmm. it's scary to think it could fall off, especially like in the shower where it gets real slippery, my Mom suggested I put it on my right hand for awhile till I get done losing... I don't know about that... she told me "it's the way europeans do it" but then I replied "I am Californian, not European."

I'm just a little upset about the idea of having a chunk of the gold cut out of it. Am I being silly?
    We designed it ourselves and it is made from the gold from my grandmother's wedding ring so I feel AWFUL about the idea of losing some of it. But I feel worse about the prospect of losing the whole thing...

AAARGH
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    bump, what do you guys think?
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    My ring is SOOO loose. It literally falls off my finger. There has been several occasions that it has just slipped off and I had to go looking for it! I don't want to get it resized over and over though, so I just keep wearing it as is and will when I get closer to my goal.

However, one tip for you - I was in the jewelry section at Walmart one day and they had these little rubber like adaptor things that clipped onto the back of your ring to make it snugger - I have no idea what they are called, or even how to describe them, but you might look into that. I will probably just go with that idea until I lose the other 40 lbs!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 10# and my spins on my finger (but only when it's really cold).
    It's looser then normal though... I am gonna wait til I am all done before I get them sized.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I had to stop wearing my ring because I was afraid it would fall off. I need to go get it resized but I don't wanna do it until I'm closer to my goal. I don't know how much my fingers will change in the next 20 lbs but I don't wanna have it sized twice.

Maybe you could just wear it on a chain around your neck until you get closer to your goal weight. That way it's still on but there is less risk in losing it.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    hmmmm. it's scary to think it could fall off, especially like in the shower where it gets real slippery, my Mom suggested I put it on my right hand for awhile till I get done losing... I don't know about that... she told me "it's the way europeans do it" but then I replied "I am Californian, not European."

I'm just a little upset about the idea of having a chunk of the gold cut out of it. Am I being silly?
    We designed it ourselves and it is made from the gold from my grandmother's wedding ring so I feel AWFUL about the idea of losing some of it. But I feel worse about the prospect of losing the whole thing...

AAARGH

Try using a ring guard, they feel a little funny at first but you will get used to it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    bump for evening crowd... ease my mind:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options

AAARGH

Try using a ring guard, they feel a little funny at first but you will get used to it.

What is the etiquette on wearing the ring on the middle finger until you can get it sized? Anyone know? I think it would be better than losing it.

Or wear a ring above it that DOES fit, to keep it on your ring finger.