Breakfast Ideas

Options
SaraP73
SaraP73 Posts: 6 Member
I am a cereal lover. I could eat cereal for every meal of the day. I need some ideas for filling breakfasts that are not full of calories and sugar. Thank you!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Overnight oats
    Steel cut oats with fruit & protein powder
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle

Some of them may have more calories or sugar than you want, so you'll have to check and see which work for you.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Food will have calories. That is one of the reasons we eat. We just need to eat an appropriate amount. This is where portion control comes in. Anything can be eaten in the right amount. And what is filling for you, may be less filling for another person. Do you like anything else than cereal? Eat that.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Fat-free cottage cheese + fruit flavored greek yogurt + lemon juice. It does have some sugar [23g] but is also full of protein [25g] so it's not "full of sugar".
  • KECrawford71
    KECrawford71 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I prefer eggs, berries, or an apple. sometimes toast with some peanut butter on it.
  • erinross915
    erinross915 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to an egg (anyway you'd like) on top of sara Lee's 45 cal bread. 115 calorie breakfast! Also, kashi's vegan blueberry waffles. Two waffles for 140 Cal's. Cheerios re my go to cereal with a half cup of almond milk for 130 cals
  • LannyMixon
    LannyMixon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A two egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms and green onions will fill you up for less than 200 kcal.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Shredded wheat with fresh fruit + yogurt on the side.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    waffle, topped with low fat ricotta cheese + berries
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Fiber One. Packed with half the fiber you need for a day and NOT a drop of sugar.
    Add blueberries on top for antioxidants.
    All that fiber stops me from eating for hours.
  • ehine1
    ehine1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Puffins Cereal (I prefer the Multi-grain but there's a variety). Great tasting cereal and quite good for you.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    One fried egg
    1/2 ounce shredded sharp cheddar
    English muffin( i use Franz multi-grain 100 calorie)
    Morning star farms vegan sausage patty.

300 calories approximately

Nice combo of fat/protein fills me up.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs of some sort for breakfast almost daily. Over easy on top of a piece of whole grain toast with smashed avocado on it. Poached eggs over sautéed spinach and 1/2 an English muffin. Eggs scrambled with spinach and mushrooms and a tiny bit of goat cheese. Or simple sunny side up with a small bowl of fiber one cereal.

I also like oatmeal during the winter. I make it pretty filling by cooking it with some almond milk and half a banana chopped up. The banana makes it sweet and fluffy if you stir vigorously after it is cooked. Then put a teaspoon of sun butter and cinnamon on top, a drizzle of honey if you have the calories yum! In the summer I like overnight oats - put oats and greek yogurt plus fruit in the fridge overnight.