anyone from england want to chat about the weather and tea?

KrystalMaze1
KrystalMaze1 Posts: 16 Member
there seems to be a lot of people from america on here, are there any english folk that want to talk about the weather?

Replies

• bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    lol the weather been really good for once dont jinx it
  • KrystalMaze1
    bracey100 wrote: »
    lol the weather been really good for once dont jinx it

Its been too hot for us, 35c and i have heatrash :'( I am so british i am alergic to the sun lol!
  • MikeBrund77
    MikeBrund77 Posts: 42 Member
    I am in the UK and it's simply too hot. What I don't understand is I go abroad and love the heat but at home I cannot deal with it !
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    mike27107 wrote: »
    I am in the UK and it's simply too hot. What I don't understand is I go abroad and love the heat but at home I cannot deal with it !

Yep I totally get that.. I lived in Spain for three months and I was fine the whole time.. one hot day here and I'm sitting in a cold bath feeling sorry for myself.. apparently the sun is 'different' over there..
  • KrystalMaze1

same here! it was 40c in cypress and i loved it! but i hide inside when it gets to 25c here!
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    It all has to do with humidity. When it's hot in the UK it usually comes with high humidity.

This makes more sense.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    edited July 2016
    I'm in Surrey too and have just been checking the forecast before my cycle ride (20 - 23c, light wind from the SW, light cloud).

Perfect for a long ride and will even have a slight tailwind on the way back home.
    Look out for a MAMIL. :smiley:

PS - just about to have my second cup of PG Tips.
  • KrystalMaze1
    sijomial wrote: »
    I'm in Surrey too and have just been checking the forecast before my cycle ride (20 - 23c, light wind from the SW, light cloud).

Perfect for a long ride and will even have a slight tailwind on the way back home.
    Look out for a MAMIL. :smiley:

PS - just about to have my second cup of PG Tips.

that sounds like an ideal temp! mine shows 18c and cloudy all day possibly getting upto 20
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Max of 20 here in Northumberland but with thunder and lightening storms.
  • KrystalMaze1
    Here are some interesting facts: http://facts.randomhistory.com/tea-facts.html
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Pretty toasty in Kent today, had a large filter coffee followed by a cup of tea (pg tips) to accompany my egg whites and cheese
  • KrystalMaze1
    Pretty toasty in Kent today, had a large filter coffee followed by a cup of tea (pg tips) to accompany my egg whites and cheese

fantastic, that sounds like a top morning
  • deadliftsandnoodles

fantastic, that sounds like a top morning

Jolly good, tip top, fabulous darling!
  • diffusechris
    diffusechris Posts: 32 Member
    Based in South Yorkshire and loving the heat it's ace I want more
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Ex pat and I absolutely hate tea!!! But hey...we aren't all perfect. Enviable weather you have had recently, I get regular updates from my mother and pictures of her glorious garden, while mine looks bedraggled and battered with the rain. Ireland would be a cracking country, if only they could roof it ;-)
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    I hope you don't mind if a non-Brit lives vicariously through this thread. I've always wanted to live in England.
  • Poppy2410
    Poppy2410 Posts: 9 Member
    The weather hasnt been too bad and I take sugar in my tea and my favourite tea bags are Tetley haaha :) what about you?
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    I do prefer tetleys over pg tips but I bulk bought pg tips when it was on offer :'(
  • Listar89
    Listar89 Posts: 2 Member
    Haha im in NZ and get 200 Tetley teabags posted over every 6 months...I saw this thread and laughed...really missing home and complaining about the weather baha :-) Looks like its been a great summer for all you guys back home!!! :D
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Mmm....Tea! :-)