Fitness tracker with pushing pram

Jesslane93
Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to get a fitness tracker, but have read that a lot of the fitbits dont work well while pushing a pram. And i want a wrist one.
Does anyone have any good experience with one that works well while pushing a pram/stroller?

Replies

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Definitely not Fitbit Flex. My kids are too old for pushchairs but I've noticed in the supermarket when pushing a trolley it doesn't log properly.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    None of the wrist models I've had (Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Surge, Fitbit Blaze, and Garmin Vivofit) will pick up steps while pushing a stroller. There is always the option of getting a clip on model like the Zip or One and getting a wrist band case from amazon. Then when you walk with a stroller you can clip it on and wear it on your wrist any other time.

There is also the option of Misfit. At least one of their models (I want to say Flash) can be worn as a clip on or a bracelet.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    There is also the option of Misfit. At least one of their models (I want to say Flash) can be worn as a clip on or a bracelet.
    I had a Mistfit Flash and had a absolutely horrible experience with it. I traded it out 3 times because it kept screwing up. The third time I mailed the defect one back to them and just told them to keep their junk.

And Shadow hit it on the head. None of them will pick up while pushing a stroller/buggy, cart, wheelchair. There is an accelerometer in them that picks up when your hands swing back and forth. Because most people swing their hands when they walk. and if it cannot pick up that swing it cannot pick up a step.

you might be able to attach it to your ankle while you go out for a walk with the stroller and it pick that up. But I've never tried it first hand.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I usually just take mine off and put it in my pocket. One of my friends bought a very large one and jury rigged it to use on her ankle when she goes running with her daughter.
  • boolz
    boolz Posts: 61 Member
    What I've found works well for both Fitbit and Up: put the tracker in my hip pocket while pushing a cart.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    I'm looking in to buying a Moov Now. I have a fitbit but Moov Now looks cool because you can wear it on your ankle and it's water proof so i can use in the pool
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    A Fitbit Zip works well for this clipped on a pocket, waistband, or bra.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Well i end up getting a fitbit alta. I really love it so far. I wear it as a bracelet most of the day and when i sleep. But when i go out for walks with the pram i just clip it around my bra strap and it seems to track my steps pretty good from there.