Exercises at home?

Options
Any good exercises at home besides walking!? I don't have time to go to the gym.. Anyone have any recommendations on workout videos?

Replies

• MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Planks, push-ups, a variety of ab exercises, bear crawls (forwards, backwards, sideways, circles).
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Search YouTube for Fitness Blender workouts. They're amazing IMO. Good pace, and shows you each step.
  • fit4itall
    fit4itall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is also on there. All 3 levels. Butt Bible (Pauline Nordin) is good too and also on Youtube. You can find so many good workouts there.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I don't have the money to go to a gym and i certainly don't want to go out in the cold and snow in Canadian winters to a gym...i invested in some select tech dumbbells and lots of beachbody dvds...i started with Brazil Butt Lift, then P90X, Chalean Extreme, 21 Day Fix, Les Mills Combat, Masters Hammer and Chisel, 22 Minutes Hard Corps, PiYo and I'm going to get Country Heat when it comes out in August...i also have a Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD that i picked up at Walmart for $10....I have found that working out at home works for me....i walk and ride my bike and hike during the summer (which lasts about two weeks here!!lol)...the many different DVDs give me the variety that i like.....i think i would get sick of the monotony of a gym very quickly....best of luck with your fitness journey.....PM me if you have any questions at all....:)
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender are great, I also enjoy the you are your own gym app but it does cost a couple of dollars. You can look up a ton of routines that don't require any gym equipment on your computer
  • debmicstarz
    debmicstarz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A skipping rope and 1 kilo ankle weights on each foot. I try to 40 minutes and the last 15 with the weights on. I am building up to have them on longer.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You should check out fitness blenders workouts and lumowell. I'm doing thier workouts and seeing awesome results from them. Lumowell has an app with thier flat belly workouts and several other kinds of workouts. They also have thier workouts on YouTube. Lately I've been doing any core exercise I find by them that have to do with a flat belly,small waist or lower belly workout.even if you struggle with exercise or don't feel like doing a long one,fitness blender and lumowell both have shorter workouts that are only 5-25 minutes long
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    The majority of my workouts are at home. There are so many good workout videos available online. You just need to find what you enjoy and what works for you. My favorite workouts are Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones and Six Week Six Pack. If your just getting started 30 Day Shred is a great way to get into a routine. Insanity Max30 is another good workout. If you don't have them already purchase some hand weights to help incorporate some weight training into your workouts. I have some that range from 3 to 25 lbs. You can find some really good exercises to do with free weights online too. HTH! :smile:
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I've started doing yoga at home before work, and I'm planning to add pilates and cardio in the evenings. Blogilates on youtube is awesome, because the majority of the videos require no equipment and the equipment that is used is really basic, easy to get stuff.
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited for Country Heat that it's hard for me to contain that excitement. At the moment I mostly rebound using my JumpSport, do walking DVDs and use my Pilate's ring, kettlebell and resistance bands. I'm not very frequent with any of them though lol
  • PellerinSarah
    PellerinSarah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Squats, step-up, crunches, push ups are the best exercise you can do at home.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just posted this recently on a related thread so I'll post it here as well...

I only workout at home. Things have morphed over time and now have a small home gym that includes: Concept2 Rowing Machine, Spinner Bike, Treadmill, wide range of dumbbells, medicine balls, weight bench, pull up/chin up bar, & resistance bands. I work with DVD's for Spinning. For resistance training I work with the Hammer & Chisel as well as the 21 Day Fix Extreme series from Beachbody (no - I don't use their shakeology or food plans). Probably going to go into Body Beast soon.

FitnessBlender worked well for a long while before I began Hammer & Chisel + 21DFX routines.

You can get out and run if you'd prefer to be outside (which I also do). Jump roping is something I've tried and would like to give more time to in the future.

Your gym/your home - your call. Take it where you want to.

So many options which will cater to your interests.
  • coolbear90
    coolbear90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Country heat from Beach Body is amazing! Yesterday was my day 15 of the 30 days. I have lost 5.6 pounds so far and an inch off everywhere! I love it so much. The moves are (mostly) super easy. A few of the moves I've had to do a few extra times to get the hang of, and there are some I haven't quite mastered like wonky feet (but I found a great video with a better angle that is super helpful if anyone is interested).
    If anyone is interested in following my fitness journey or in support whilest doing country heat or any other workout programs, you can friend me on facebook: facebook.com/flyingfree
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith TV is great...and free!

https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Ha I just read an article about a man who lost 300 lbs walking to Wal Mart everyday. Of course he changed his eating habits as well but since I'm only walking for exercise (bad knee) I'm feeling pretty good about walking:).