Cheat Meals

Options
cmuise19
cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
Do you guys add your cheat meals into your daily diary, even though you know you're going to go over your daily calorie intake? Or just leave it.
My birthday was today so I definitely cheated at supper but stayed under on all my other meals

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is your data so you want it to be as accurate as possible.

It's easier to be able to look back through your diary and trouble-shoot if you have everything logged.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Don't diet.
    If you're "on a diet", you're doing something temporary, not making a permanent change to your
    life & health & eating & exercise. Once you go "off your diet" you're going back to whatever made
    you fat & unhealthy in the first place.

Don't "cheat".
    You're giving food power, making it a moral choice, making yourself "bad" if you're not perfect.

Eat heathfully, include things that you like (chocolate, peanut butter, pizza), just make it fit into
    your overall calorie intake / output. You have to be happy & not hate what you're doing in order
    to make a permanent healthy change in your life.

It doesn't matter whether or not you record everything accurately here, your body will know.
    If you want accurate info to work with, record what you eat.
    If you don't want people to see it, set your diary to private.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    If you want accurate info to work with, record what you eat.
    If you don't want people to see it, set your diary to private.

^^^^THIS^^^^

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I don't consider going over my calories "cheating", especially when it's for a birthday or holiday, but I always log it.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I go over occasionally. Is it going to hurt you, no. As long as you can keep it within reason. I have lost 27 lbs. eating what I want, within reason. I don't believe in depriving yourself.