How did I eat "bad" yet loose weight, eat good, workout regu

Options
I'm so confused! I've been watching everything I eat with fitnesspal, eating healthy etc and I lost 3 pounds. This weekend I let myself go, (it was my boyfriend's birthday) I ate popcorn, cupcakes, bread, etc and I lost 2 pounds. How is this happening?

Replies

• True_angel4ever
    Options
    I did the same thing, only i ate a fatty baconator from wendys, and fish from long john silvers....still lost 4 ounces. Its not much, but at least i didnt gain! :) Dont question it, LOVE IT! lol
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    you shocked your body.....kinda like the zig zagging calories idea....do a search for that on here or online....
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about that zig zag thing...hmmmm....just count yourself lucky and jump right back on! :)
  • katiejneely
    Options
    That has happened to me too. Just enjoy it--it makes you realize that you CAN indulge occassionally! :-)
  • lvergara
    lvergara Posts: 1
    Options
    I went to a nutritionist session where the speaker was Dr. Rick Kausman, the author of "If Not Dieting, Then What". He basically said that our bodies are quite resilient in a way that a few days of bad eating or not exercising will not necessarily equate to weight gain straight away. I heard the book is good. I haven't bought it myself but I have applied the principles that he talked about. Apparently, most people spiral down into bad eating after eating unhealthily once or twice, or missing out on a few exercise sessions. The guilty feeling makes people throw everything out of the window. What I got from that talk is that I don't need to lose control completely if I eat badly a few times. The overall lifestyle is what counts. If we eat badly today, it is important to be able to forgive ourselves and strive to do better tomorrow, rather than wallow in the guilt. Hope this helps because after all the things I have tried, this principle (and MFP) are the only things that worked for me.