Just hit my goal

Options
sgt1372
sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
Just hit my goal of 175lbs (actually 174.5) down from 196.1 -- 21.6 lbs -- in 66 days (2.29 lbs/week) using MFP to count cals and a spin bike/rower for cardio (30 mins/day 7 days/wk).

Also doing a variety of strength exercises, including the novice Starting Strength (SS) program (only 2 days/wk) and some CrossFit routines (1 day/week). Was doing the standard 3 days a week SS program but it got boring and I was getting up to weights that have caused me injury in the past and could cause me injury again.

So, I cut back on the days from 3-2 and stopped trying to constantly lift higher weights. The weights I'm lifting are heavy enough and I have no desire (nor the ability) to become the world's strongest man. So, I'm just in a maintenance/exercise mode. The CrossFit routines (tire flipping/striking, power sled, Farmer's walks and battle ropes), which are fun and physically challenging, help make working out and trying to stay in shape more interesting.

Previously lost 40 lbs in 5 months (158 down from 198) but that was not a realistic weight for me. Quickly regained 15lbs that I maintained at around 170-175 before I got lazy and gained another 20 lbs over 3 years, which are the same 20 lbs that I just lost (again).

Just hope to maintain my weight at around 175 from now on. Will probably have to increase my food intake if I continue to do the cardio and strength work that burned off the weight so quickly. Will make adjustments as necessary while continuing to monitor my intake w/MFP.

BTW, I'm 65. Not bad for an "old man." Good luck to everyone else in meeting their weight loss and other goals.

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! Congrats!
    Would you mind sharing more about your bike/rower?
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats on your success!! :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    If you feel like a change from SS have a look at All Pro. It is a progressive compound programme but you up the reps 8-12, before the weight.

I am a 62yo petite woman and have found I like being secure in the weight I am moving before increasing it- it cuts down the chance of me injuring myself too.

Cheers, h.
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I've lost 10 lbs in 30 days. I look forward to day 60.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Many thanks to those who offered words of congratulations! Wishing you all the same success in achieving your training goals.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    DiaryOfaThickFitWoman Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!