Shakes

Options
Hi, im very strict on my diet, having to force feed myself to eat veg! cant stand it, nearly gag every time.....got to be a better way.....

Im going to try and Blend the veg up with fruit, anyone got any decent recipes? I want it to taste more like Fruit and not Veg.

Replies

• berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mango and apple with ginger and mint is one of my favourites. Sometimes with banana instead of apple. For more veg I've also added cooked beetroot. Frozen fruit is really useful for this too! I normally use spinach as a base because it doesn't lend too much veg flavour.

I haven't tried it but I reckon peas would blitz and be flavour masked quite well.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe I am posting this, but believe it or not, I've become a believer in Shakeology! And no, I'm not a coach, just a consumer. I ordered the sample pack so I could taste them and they don't taste like sand! I just add almond milk and sometimes some frozen berries. Here's a link to the ingredient list for the chocolate flavor.

I'm seriously a fan.
  • gr8t2sk8
    gr8t2sk8 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm drinking a raw vegan protein right now. Ick
  • pompeyjosh1990
    pompeyjosh1990 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    FloraJL wrote: »
    I cannot believe I am posting this, but believe it or not, I've become a believer in Shakeology! And no, I'm not a coach, just a consumer. I ordered the sample pack so I could taste them and they don't taste like sand! I just add almond milk and sometimes some frozen berries. Here's a link to the ingredient list for the chocolate flavor.

I'm seriously a fan.

No I don't agree with Shakeology at all, I just need it for vegetable replacement, I still eat 4-6 proper meals a day
  • all_in_the_game
    all_in_the_game Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Spinach, carrot, beet, tomato with ginger and mint leaves. If you can find gooseberry add small amount of it too.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Spinach added to protein shakes looks weird but is practically impossible to taste (although it can make the shake a little "gritty").

Protein powder + milk + few lumps of ice + a big handful of pre-washed spinach = pretty decent shake.

You can also swap the ice and pre-washed spinach for frozen spinach but if you do let it defrost a little fist or you end up with lumps of the stuff in your shake.

Note: I've tried this with kale also - not as good - it ends up very fibrous with lumps of woody kale.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Just a question though - Veggie are good for you but what are you aiming for here? More micronutrients (vitamins/minerals) or the fibre?
    • If vits/mins are concern - take a multi vit?
    • If fibre look into fruits that contain fibre (off the top of my head I think raspberries and pears (with skin) pack a pretty decent amount of fibre)