Weighing yourself during TOTM

Options
Curious, do y'all weigh yourself during your TOTM, even knowing that you're bloated? Why or why not?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    No. I'm already dealing with enough of my own craziness. In my experience, if I FEEL heavy and bloated, I AM heavy am bloated. I don't need to see the number.
  • kam744
    kam744 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I personally do not weigh myself that week. Generally I feel bloated and heavy, so I avoid the scale. I know I would be hard on myself if I saw the number go up, even though I know it is just water. Best for me to stay away.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning.

I know for some people that's frustrating, but for me, having more data points helps me see that my weight is trending down overall. Even if it doesn't change from day to day, and even if it goes up during that TOTM, I fixate on that less if I can see the overall downward trend and look back to other times the same thing happened. YMMV.
  • palmtang
    palmtang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I do weigh in at totm. I think its really interesting to see the numbers and what my weird and wonderful body is doing. I have had rather mental totm my whole life (sometimes long - like months long and/or short to nonexistent etc) and only recently started using an app to track dates etc. I figured that I was doing all this tracking for my weight it was easy to add another thing to track.
    So yeah, I do weigh in at totm. It kind of makes me feel vindicated when i'm like - ok period, I want to eat ALLL the things, I feel bloated etc and oh look my weight is fluctuating in time with this, ok this makes sense now!

Another thing that I have noticed is that as I lose weight my totm has become much more regular. Additionally now that I can see my cycle I see that I hold weight when i'm on my period and when I'm ovulating and that I usually notice a weight loss after ovulation and after totm. Sorry if that's all a bit too much information but I find it really interesting!
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know that when that TOM comes, such as this week, I gain 6 to 10 lbs. I feel like a big waterballoon. I don't need to see it on the scale. However, as long as you can mentally handle seeing that number creep up, then go for it.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm coming up on my TOM and I always weigh, every day, unless I'm out of town. I use the app happyscale to track my trending weight so it's important for me to have good data; I know that I'll gain 2-5 pounds of water weight so it doesn't bother me too much. Usually by the 4th or 5th day of my period, the water weight has dropped off and I'm back to normal.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    When I *had* these, no way would I approach a scale with that going on.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I did 2 days ago and I was up almost 9 pounds overnight.. very discouraging but today I am down 10.5lbs.
    I probably won't weigh until Friday now
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • FindingLiz016
    FindingLiz016 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I do but its no big deal because at the end I always loose it plus some :)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

kekd6oi3i3jj.gif

i'm like that at ovulation, pms, and totm.

i'm a happy scale person too, i lose really slowly so i need to be able to see the overall trends to keep myself from going crazy.