Lunch Hour Workouts + Eczema

Options
AndiJH
AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
I've been getting 30-45 minute workouts on on my lunch hour at the office gym, but I'm having flare ups of my eczema, especially on my torso.
I don't have a good way to shower (they're kind of gross and there's nowhere to hang a wet towel the rest of the day, not to mention wet hair is not cute at a meeting), so I've been wiping myself down, drying off and using powders to soak up extra moisture. I wash all my workout clothes as soon as I get home, never repeat wear without a full wash in the machine.
Anybody have any ideas/product recs to offer??

Replies

• Sheri2016
    Sheri2016 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Shower cap and shower shoes, Nothing beats a shower after a great workout.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I agree, buy shower shoes and a cap. For the towel there's got to be a way you can handle that. Maybe you could use a shammy or a microfiber or something.

I think that using powders especially over large areas of your body is bound to flare up your eczema. Not to mention being sweaty.

I also have eczema pretty badly and if i don't shower after working out i get patches. If i use powders or anything drying, i get patches.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Sweat and powders would guarantee a flare up for me as well. So annoying and irritating (literally), I know; I'm not sure there would be any way round the shower, for my skin at least.

I'd either work out at a different time or brave the work showers.
  • michiganmamabear
    michiganmamabear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a mother so I use baby wipes when I need a quick clean. I, too, have eczema and very sensitive skin so I get the sensitive wipes but lotion is the key factor. I use origins "A Perfect World" and haven't used anything else. Trust me I feel like I've tried everything since I was a child and this lotion is what works for me. You can always get a sample container from Origins as well to try. Hope this helps!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If it is only for an afternoon, couldn't you put a wet towel in a bag?
    I tend to agree with michiganmamabear that lotion is key. But it sound like you feel you need to keep yours dry?
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!! I just feel gross if I'm at all damp and putting my clothes back on
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think you have to make a decision. Cope with eczema, get a proper shower or gym where you're comfortable showering.
    Personally I would get on with having a shower, I'd not pay to gym somewhere else if there was one at work and I'd always shower, taking hygienic precautions: a pair of wet shoes!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I too have ezcema. Stop taking so many showers, almost certain to create flareups. Air dry. Bath at night if you must. We shower way to often, scrubbing away our oils.