Feeling sick, but I'm going to kill it anyways!

Options
Arabella_Fitspiration
Arabella_Fitspiration Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2016 in Getting Started
Taking my fitness journey in phases has been very helpful. Phase one lasted four weeks and I went from 135lbs to 130lbs. Now starting phase 2! My goal is to go from 130lbs to 125lbs in another 4 weeks. I want to make this journey a GRADUAL and HEALTHY one. I've definitely done drastic weight loss and I would feel great for a day or two but then it's just not maintainable and I would gain it back. This process is about being able to maintain and create healthy habits! Not what the number on the scale tells you.

Unfortunately, I'm starting off phase 2 with a terrible sinus and head congestion. I woke up having zero motivation to log anything or even weigh myself. But you know what, I'm not going to let that stop me. I'm going to be proactive and continue pushing myself! Cold or not, this is a lifestyle choice and I'm going to give it my all! I even managed to get 30 minutes of cardio done before my ten hour shift today

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MFP
    I wish you a speedy recovery on your sinus congestion. I recommend that you declare yourself "On Maintenance" while you are achieving full recovery . Physical activity would be difficult in this circumstance
    Please read MFP Most Helpful Post , at the beginning of this message board.
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a digital food scale with a tare button, weigh all the food you ingest and log it at MFP
    If you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested), your body weight will decrease

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you're sick, give yourself time to recover. You can set your calories to maintenance for a few days if you need to and just focus on logging, or just keep your calories as is and log, but don't worry about exercise. Seriously, if you push yourself when you're sick, you may end up making things worse and setting yourself further back. Give yourself a few days to get well before you start exercising again. ^_^
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I have allergies and frequently forget to take a Claritin, so I can identify with how you feel. If it is just sinuses and you can push through go for it. If it's more then you may want to rethink that.
  • bigme3505
    bigme3505 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I suffer with sinus issues and it can make you really tired and run down, but it is possible to push through it most of the time and you feel better after a nice workout. I hope you heal up soon!
  • lista10
    lista10 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, I had a baby a few years ago and I gained a lot of weight, so last year I lost 30 lbs and felt so good. This year has been a year for me and I would like to lose another 30 if I could. But it's been gradual and I feel so much better when I do work out and push my self. I give you props. If you keep going you will hit it!