Calories help please

Options
2»

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    and not providing insight into what has happened to me (and others) in the past (friends with metabolic issues from not eating enough based on guidance about calorie restrictions that were too low for activity - is not providing a complete insight...i did the 1200-1300 cal for years in the "must lose weight" mentality and suffered for it - no energy for working out, no losing weight...since I actually upped my calories (1750 on rest days and 2200 on workout days) - more energy, change in body composition, sleeping better and healthier all over...but hey, i'm just a newbie on the boards and not an established member

Aggressive calorie deficit is you starving your body. That's why I mean by losing muscle mass and malnutrition. Your weight loss slows when you get to a certain point, but your body can't 'hang on' to extra calories. If you never adjust you calorie intake, you will eventually hit maintenance without realizing it, as your body needs less calories to survive the lower your weight goes. Upping your calories as you did and taking the slower route is exactly what you needed to do and I'm glad you decided to go that route. ^_^