Creative Uses for Old Clothes

Options
srecupid
srecupid Posts: 660 Member
I just made my movie room darker using old black dress pants and poster board. I probably could have used cardboard boxes or hell I probably could have just painted the boxes black now that I think about it. Well anyway have you recycled any of your fat clothes in weird ways?

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just use some old shirts as short pajama "dresses"
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've seen full-size dolls made from old fat clothes. Comfortable to lie upon and a reminder of where we once were.
    I've also seen purses, knap sacks, etc. made of them.

I just gave my fat clothes to Goodwill, except I have that one big pair of jeans. A few months ago, my husband took a photo of me with my whole body, waist down, in one leg of them.
  • srecupid
    Options
    I've seen full-size dolls made from old fat clothes. Comfortable to lie upon and a reminder of where we once were.
    I've also seen purses, knap sacks, etc. made of them.

I just gave my fat clothes to Goodwill, except I have that one big pair of jeans. A few months ago, my husband took a photo of me with my whole body, waist down, in one leg of them.

I think I might take a pair of fat jeans and then them into a pair of "reverse" cargo pants to fill with stuff not allowed in places like concerts
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Good idea!
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Once my roommate cut up old tshirts and made a rainbow rug by braiding them together and twirling it. It actually turned out really awesome.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with donating them to those in need?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    dress making here, cut down and remake because I like my fabrics
  • srecupid
    Options
    What's wrong with donating them to those in need?

Nothing particularly just would be nice to make use of something i paid for previously and i always procrastinate going over to goodwill to drop off
  • eIIekay
    eIIekay Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No, if I get to small for them, then I never want to see them again!!!