Only 450 calories left and its lunch time...

Options
Best ways to get through the day when you have eaten most of your calories in the morning!! (1200 total for me).

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    waggarwal wrote: »
    Best ways to get through the day when you have eaten most of your calories in the morning!! (1200 total for me).

Eat more vegetables for dinner. Adjust portion sizes to fit your calorie goal. Have an egg or some oatmeal. Add some exercise. Eat at maintenance level today and plan better tomorrow.

I am also on 1200. I prelog my whole day and split it up so I eat a lighter breakfast and more for dinner but you could reverse that.

Breakfast- things like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, cottage cheese (about 200-300 calories)
    Lunch- sandwich, salad, or dinner leftovers (about 300-500 calories)
    Dinner- something different every night of the month. (about 500-600 calories) I have soup once a week usually.
    Snacks- things like fruit, chips, popcorn, pretzels, chocolate, cookies, granola bar, carrots, celery, broccoli, trail mix, deviled eggs, pickles, cottage cheese (about 100-300 calories)
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Do some exercise so you get extra calories. At 1200 per day you need to eat at least some of your exercise calories back
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Time to move your butt!
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Diet soda curbs my hunger
  • VictoriaK1993
    VictoriaK1993 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm eating at around 1300 calories and I just blew my day up in terms of calories with my lunch... it was catered at work and I ate 700ish calories on lunch alone... coupled with a 340 calorie breakfast I am in deep trouble LOL. I will exercise tonight, try and earn extra calories, but I will definitely end up closer to maintenance today. Such is life! I will try and eat better tomorrow!
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    For the situation right now - most of your 1200 is gone - I suggest a big salad of romaine and some crunchy raw vegetables with a hard boiled egg. Use only a tablespoon of a liquid salad dressing. That should be around 250 calories. It has bulk -- all the raw vegetables -- and protein -- for staying power -- and fat -- for satisfying taste.

Another thing I find that will work a long time in my body is an apple and/or a glass of non-fat milk.

Good luck! My food diary is open if you want to take a look for some ideas.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Find lower calorie options for your breakfast. Ditch the sugar and creamer in your coffee and have egg whites and turkey bacon.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What did you eat for breakfast? Make sure that you are getting optimum nutrition.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's dust for supper xx
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well, it's probably past your lunch time now but I do have a website for you that have dinner recipes under 500 calories. You do need to plan ahead on 1200 calories a day. My suggestion is to make sure you have adequate protein and fiber with your meals and snacks to prevent you from getting hungry between meals. I DON'T suggest drinking diet soda or using any artificial sweeteners. Studies have proven they increase appetite and cravings for sugar in most people. Make sure you take a satisfying lunch and snacks to work. It can all be done! You just need to plan! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/recipes/dinner/the-you-can-do-it-diet-dinner-choices/
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Plan better tomorrow.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Avocado. It's my answer to everything. It has lots of healthy and satisfying fat and fiber. I like it with lemon or lime juice and salt and pepper.