70lbs down...

Options
I thought I would finally post a success story. I am 30 years old, transman from the UK, I wasn't a big person growing up, I was very skinny until I got hit pretty badly with depression and I doubled in weight in the space of a few years. I went from 7.5 stone (105lbs) at my lowest to just over 17 stone (240lbs) at my highest. I saw a surgeon about some gender confirming surgery and was told that I needed to get down to 12 stone (168lbs) to be eligible for surgery at the time I was pretty much near my highest weight not quite but not that far off it. Since then I got down to 168lbs a few weeks ago. It's really nice that not only do I not overspill my wheelchair anymore, it actually is too big for me. I now can stand a little which I really struggled with before.

Now to the pictures:

5687551825_a62c543932.jpg

Me before the massive weight gain (Pre-transition)

15382664945_a42f124bf6.jpg

Harry Potter Studio Tour 2013 Around 16stish

15382377542_d134a26500.jpg

September 2014

Replies

• JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :happy:

( I cant see your pics though )
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that, have adjusted the post so it should work now :)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are getting very close to your goal. :)
  • pinksafyre
    pinksafyre Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! A lot of changes for you; both physically and mentally. You seem to be handling it well; congratulations on achieving your goals!!
  • benjaminD02
    benjaminD02 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well done and awesome top on the first pic! I remember the day of Sharp sponsorship lol!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good job! My child is trans and is struggling with weight issues. It is a difficult journey. Good luck!
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great work! Way to go in getting the body you want in more ways than one :) My brother's a transguy and I know it's not easy to control your weight with the hormone changes. Keep it up!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Nice work!!!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!