New Group of 20-somethings?

Options
2»

Replies

• pjrisher
    pjrisher Posts: 152
    Options
    I'm glad there are so many of us on here! I will happily give any advice I can and OF COURSE I'm always happy to receive tips and such!
    I've been successful so far just by tracking my food and making a point to exercise. Even though I don't have that much left to go numbers wise, I think that it's an ongoing journey to be healthy. Getting my health under control and learning more has made me feel so much better. I hope everyone is feeling, or starting to feel, better about themselves :)
  • pjrisher
    Options
    I think "20-Somethings" sounds perfect. Should we start a thread called "20-something Week one! [Open group]" and everyone can post something like this:
    My current weight (as of __/__) is _________.
    My goal for this week is to lose ____ lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: ____________________________________________________

and then on Friday we can post:
    My current weight, as of 7/8, is ____________
    I met/did not meet my goal.
    I believe I met my goal because:
    I believe I did not meet my goal because: (this is about learning from our mistakes)
    My goal for next week is to lose _____ lbs.
    This week I am going to focus on: _________________________________.

We can then see who has lost the greatest percentage of weight and they can be our "winner" for the week which lets them pick the "challenge" for the following week. This can be something like "workout one additional day" or "walk at least 2 miles". Something simple and accessible to all.

What do you think?

I like that idea! Should we just keep this thread going or start a new one?
  • pjrisher
    Options
    I'm 24 .. but married and a mommy of 2 so I guess this counts me out lol

You had your baby on my birthday! I think that it is a wonderful day to be born :)
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    New thread started: 20-somethings Week One [Open group for 20-somethings looking to lose!] Post away!!!
  • thejessjones
    thejessjones Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site today! I am 28, have about 50lbs to lose, am recently divorced and have no kids.

I like to cook, and am always interested in trying new foods/recipes, and collecting healthy eating tips. I just started taking Alli today after talking with my best friend who recently lost 30 lbs with Alli and a regular 3 mile walking schedule.

I also care for and ride my draft horse Naomi, daily.

I've struggled with my weight since I was 10 years old. I grew up in a family that equated food with love-- "If you don't finish that, your grandmother is going to be very disappointed in you." Funny thing-- I don't really associate with that part of my family anymore, perhaps because they were impossible to please.

I'm looking forward to reading posts on this site and seeing if it really does make a difference for me to achieve my weight loss goals. :)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Bridesmaids is an AWESOME movie!!!! You will laugh the entire way through!

My friends and i were in a fairly full theatre is we were cracking up the entire movie, as were the girls in the row with us (who we didn't know) but no one else laughed. after the movie was over we had a blast with our new friends. Fantastic movie. LOVED it.

I'm 22, not married, no children, LOVE to cook, gluten/lactose/casein intolerant, and a baby runner. looking to get fit!
  • rachjones2011
    rachjones2011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i like that idea
  • vdenson
    vdenson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be apart of the movement. I have been trying to lose weight for close to a year now and really have no support needless to say I haven't lost I've gained :(.

Anyway I think this group sounds super!

Sw: 205
    Gw: 160

1169808.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • scarletlake
    Options
    hmm.. Is this group not closed yet??
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Howdy, I am Katy, 28 and have two kids, 9 and 1. I am fine during the week when I have the children, but on weekends when they are at their dads and I am on my own, I either hardly eat (because I can't be bothered) or go out and go crazy with calories. I have lost 48lb and want to lose another 22lb. 5ft 5 and currently 148lb
  • sasc278
    sasc278 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hope there's room for at least one more!
    I'm Sascha, 20, and no kids. I'm lazy (at best) when it comes to cooking for myself, and have no motivation to speak of when it comes to exercise. I've also found that if I throw myself into something that's incredibly difficult that I have no chance of keeping up with, I tend to get hurt less than trying to slowly work myself into a decent routine. Also, I HATE exercising by myself. I never know what to do!

I'm hoping to lose at least 30 lbs, though 32-37 would be even better, though I'm not sure I can accomplish that with my build.
  • Bruzzeseangel
    Options
    I don't really think these needs to be a "closed" group. My opinion on this is the more the merrier - we all could use the support!
  • no1belongs
    no1belongs Posts: 156
    Options
    hey i just stumbled upon your group and im super excited i need more people who are going through this with me im working on trying to lose weight so far im loseing but the support is nice. how is your work going