should I rest or run?

I'm down to my last 10 lbs and my weight loss is becoming stubborn. I've incorporated more strength training and today is supposed to be my cardio day. My quadriceps are super sore today after squat reps yesterday at the gym. I am going on a bachelorette party this weekend and am afraid I won't get to work out for a couple of days so I'm trying to make sure I work out each day before.

Should I try to run today despite the pain? Will this hurt the muscle recovery?

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    You should rest. When there is a question, always rest. You don't want to hurt yourself. Eat less if you have to.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 990 Member
    Walk rather than run today would be my advice... moving actually helps DOMS.

That's the one. Have fun this weekend!

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Run. There's no reason not to and it's good for your sore muscles. I always do my long runs the day after I meet with my trainer. I'm usually sore. It's good for you (of course, barring pain from an injury, but normal soreness is fine)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If it's just DOMS sore then run.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    DOMS is no reason not to run. Run as much as you can, walk some if it bothers you too much. I got out there at 6am this morning and suffered through 4 miles in the 80+ degree heat, I just added a few extra walk breaks. No reason you can't do the same.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Walk rather than run today would be my advice... moving actually helps DOMS.

Ruthee for the win.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    I never run after leg day especially when notable DOMS is present! I used to but it delays recovery for me!

Nothing helps DOMS other than rest and time! Workout your upper body today.