Motivation and Support Losing 200lbs

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Chloe. I'm 23 and my entire life I've struggled with my weight. Currently I'm 284lbs. My goal weight is 130lbs.
I live with my husband and our little fur babies (cats), I won't say how many or you'll accuse me of being a crazy cat lady ;)
We got married quite young. I was a month away from turning 19 and only 150lbs! I look back and regret ever thinking I was fat at that age!
My husband has been wonder. He's never once mentioned my weight ( but loves that my boobs are bigger) increase. Buut he's not very motivating :( We always talk about losing weight and eating healthier and as soon as we go grocery shopping, he's off for the chips, ordering pizza, wanting to go to the buffet.
Lately, he's been talking about children. I can't imagine popping out little clones at this weight! I do want ti start a family with him but before I can ever see that happening, I need to get healthy and I need supporting and motivating friends.
Boy, can I ramble!

Replies

• inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You and your husband should embark on this adventure together.
    If he wants chips, why not baked sweet potato chips.
    He wants pizza why not homemade pizzas?
    Make it a fun thing to do together, cooking, working out, encouraging eachother!
  • annaweezer229
    annaweezer229 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! I am 11 weeks in and have lost 27 lbs. I could always use new friends who are on a similar journey! Let's kick butt and do this! My first mini goal is to reach 250 lbs.
  • nillaskye
    nillaskye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @inezbruce I've been wanting to try that homemade califlower pizza crust! I think he would really enjoy doing that together :)
  • nillaskye
    Options
    @JillRandyChong That's a great idea. I think I'll try to do 20lbs at a time. Thank you for your advice!
  • nillaskye
    Options
    @annaweezer229 My first mini goal is 260lbs. And wow, congratulations on losing 27lbs! It's always an easier journey when you have people along with you. Thank you for the friend request!
  • DuchessVonCookies
    DuchessVonCookies Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im trying to lose 200 myself, maybe we could keep each other motivated? Also 23 so we're both in similar situations. I'll send a friend request :)
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @nillaskye you are right, being healthy will make childbirth a lot easier. Also losing weight or what I call a lifestyle change with your husband would be an even better adventure than to do it alone. I know, my husband and I starts together. He has fell off and some days he does ok but most not so good. I stated my journey in February when I lost my mother in law to cancer. Since then I have lost 60 pounds. I still have 85 to go to my first goal of 160 pounds. My ultimate goal is 130. Boy I can ramble too!!! Lol I will sbe no you a request.
  • nillaskye
    Options
    @DuchessVonCookies I am in deep love with your username! We can do this. Thank you for the add.
  • nillaskye
    Options
    @jackiefrost1013 There's a bike trail through town that I want to walk on. He's willing to walk with me, so that's a plus :) As for eating habits... I will leave that alone, lol.
    Congratulations on your weight lose thus far. That's so exciting! One thing I've been thinking about is loose skin. I know it's different for everyone, but have you experienced that?
  • nillaskye
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    What are some of your fravorite healthy meals and go to workouts?
    I'm just getting a start on my grocery shopping and love new meals to try. As for working out, I need to start walking at least twice a week. I was wondering if the local animal shelter would let me borrow a dog from time to time. Definitely need to look into that :)
    Enjoy your Sunday!
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ive just started my journey too (on day 3 with mfp). My favorite breakfast so far is oatmeal with blueberries (dried) and peanut butter. Yummy and sticks to my ribs.

Lets be friends so we can learn together! My weightloss goal is 75lbs

CW:215
    GW:140
    Im 5'6
  • bayareajenn
    bayareajenn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 46 lbs so far, and this is *not* my first time dieting. I used to be thin and I thought I was fat, too. Silly youth.

I agree with breaking up the goals so they are smaller. Try to come up with little non-food rewards when you make a goal. Like, every ten pounds lost, you get a new book (or game, or craft supplies, whatever you are into). 10% lost warrants some new clothes (which you will need)! 50 lbs lost warrants something big, like jewelry or a spa day. Maybe if you incorporate small rewards for the husband he will be more likely to jump on board.

I also wanted to say, don't put your life on hold while losing weight. I weighed 272 when I saw a doctor about getting pregnant. He said I needed to lose 15 lbs before we could move ahead with IVF (IUI wasn't working, and can be done at any weight). So, I got down to 255, and then got pregnant with twins. It was completely do-able. It is okay to be fat and pregnant. It's not the end of the world. :-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is a series of books called "Eat This Not That" each with a slightly different theme. It tells you healthier, lower calorie foods to eat in place of what you have been eating. Product & brand specific. It can help you see that you can eat things you like but make healthier choices & stay within your goals. You can probably get them cheap on Amazon.
  • nillaskye
    Options
    @jennajohnson855 I love oatmeal. I've been eating it with strawberries. I'm going to try the overnight oats as a different take on it.
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi! I moved in with my boyfriend quite young (22?), and we're 26 now. I have lived your story! I personally live with a man who can eat, and eat, and eat and his weight and health are perfectly fine (he does work out!!) HOWEVER, it used to be infuriating for me because when we'd go grocery shopping, he'd buy whatever (today for example, he bought 6 chocolate bars and 6 bags of candy...granted, that will last a long time but still!) I can't eat that even WHEN I'm working out! Oh well...

How we deal with it? Make separate meals and eat them together. I'll make the same meal, just a different version for myself. Hamburgers? Use medium ground beef in his, maybe extra-lean ground beef or ground chicken in mine. That way we still eat the same meal, but mine is much healthier. He can also have two, but I'll just have one, thanks!

As for those chocolate bars and candy? They go in his office. There's a special drawer full of crap that he can have. He can control himself, I often can't. With it out of the way, I don't think about it.

My boyfriend DOES encourage me to eat somethings though, which I like because then I'm not depraved. If he's eating a full chocolate bar, maybe he'll come to me with a 30 - 50 calorie piece...portion control! Boom!

Sorry - guess you're not the only one who can ramble! I just feel the same! Feel free to add and PM me :) Good luck!!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    nillaskye wrote: »
    @jackiefrost1013 There's a bike trail through town that I want to walk on. He's willing to walk with me, so that's a plus :) As for eating habits... I will leave that alone, lol.
    Congratulations on your weight lose thus far. That's so exciting! One thing I've been thinking about is loose skin. I know it's different for everyone, but have you experienced that?

I haven't had that issue. I'm hopeful that I won't. I lift weights to try to prevent the loose skin from developing. I know in certain areas it's bound to happen and I will deal with it when the time comes. My advice is to incorporate lifting as soon as possible. 3 days week is all you need.
  • ShrinkingMuslimah
    ShrinkingMuslimah Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me for support!
    I've yo-yo'd quite a bit unfortunately. I'm currently at my highest weight ever *gasp* and have over 200 lbs to loose.
    It can be hard to get committed when it feels daunting, but baby steps are important, and so is support! :)
  • fattyclatter
    fattyclatter Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My aim is to lose 207lbs. I've stopped and started numerous times but I suppose the main thing is I keep going at it. Feel free to add me. It's nice to have people who have similar goals.
  • FindingLiz016
    FindingLiz016 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Its hard after having my daughter at a very heavy weight,loosing weight and being in shape when having a baby is very important for you and your child...so proud of you for wanting to change and get into shape!!! Just work on you and maybe when he sees you loosing weight and getting healthy he will follow.Wishing you nothing but the best of luck on your journey