Need weight gone fast

Options
My anniversary is coming up soon and I need to lose weight. 10 lbs to start with would be great! I am 5ft even, female, and 225lbs. I dont look that big so Ive been told. But pictures dont lie. Its depressing. Any ideas?

Replies

• juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    count your calories and get active.... and drink lots and lots of water... :)
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Start today by buying a food scale. Set MFP to lose 1.5 pounds or 1 pound a week. Start learning to eat based on your long term goals. There is no fast that is healthy and sustainable. Just gotta dig in and do it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    There is no fast weight loss. There is too aggressive of weight loss!

Best of advice, MFP and a food scale are two tools meant to be used together! Use the two tools religiously everyday and you see amazing results.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the word "fast" from your plan and just get started. Not sure how soon your anniversary is so I don't know if 10 lbs is possible but just see what you can reasonably lose by then.

Then, use next years anniversary as your next goal and if you stay consistent and patient I'll bet you'll see great results by then. Don't give up or get discouraged. Your body needs time to adapt to changes. Put your health first.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Losing weight fast is not actually a very good idea. When you do things to push your body to lose weight quickly what you end up losing is mostly water and muscle, not fat. Then you'll regain the weight once the big day is past and it'll be even harder the next time you decide you need to drop 10 pounds in a hurry.

Rather than stress out about your anniversary and how you think you need to look, here are a few suggestions.

1. Your SO quite probably loves you the way you are. That makes you a very lucky woman.
    2. Spend the money you might have wasted on some sort of "fat burning" supplement that won't actually work on a cute outfit for the big day that looks good on you now.
    3. Invest in some Spanx if it makes you feel good. I know I love mine.
    4. Start your sensible diet plan to lose weight the right way today. I can't guarantee you'll lose the weight you want by your anniversary this year but for the next one? Quite probably, if you stick with it.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    3. Invest in some Spanx if it makes you feel good. I know I love mine.

I haaaated Spanx. I tried it once for a special occasion and it made me feel like a sausage in a casing two sizes too small once I actually had to move around in it vs. trying it on in the changing room. And that was with making sure I was in the right size by not fudging any numbers and actually going up a size since I was on a sizing cusp. Thank you Macy's for letting people return something they admit they've worn once when they describe how traumatized they were by the experience.

Never again. Not even if I never lose another pound. :)

OT: Nothing new to add. Despite some threads around here, fast weight loss is not advocated for on the forum. It is usually the result of restricting so severely your butt will be trebucheted into the next higher 10-20 lbs. bracket above where you started the moment you stop restricting.