Man Boobs - Any success?

Options
Titaggg
Titaggg Posts: 9 Member
I really want to find some motivation for my boyfriend. We are training together and we have this funny competition on who has the bigger boobs :smiley:
He's worried he won't get rid of them ever, but I've seen great changes in him. He is low on testosterone but he wasn't diagnosed gynecomastia, so I guess he just needs to lose fat and gain muscle to produce more testosterone.

Can you share your experiences and if you are ok with it your pictures? Is it possible to lose man boobs for good?
Help me show him! :D

Replies

• TJnTexas
    TJnTexas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The real truth of it though, is that they will go away. A person just has to have the commitment necessary to follow through

^^^ This.
    It took a loss of 25 pounds (204 to 179) before could really tell that the "moobs" were going away. Shirts just seemed to fit better at that point. No pics - who would want to see an old guy's grey haired chest!?
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm 10 pounds away from my goal weight and my moobs were the first to go. Now if only I could say the same for my stubborn love handles. :)
  • Titaggg
    Titaggg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    "Moobs" sounds lovely :D
  • Hoohoohaa
    Hoohoohaa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    He can lose them. Just a heads up, as I've been losing weight, mine have started to look worse. They are getting smaller, but I'm lifting a lot and losing fat more quickly above and below them, so they seem to stick out more. Plus the skin isn't keeping up either there or my gut, so the excess skin factor doesn't help either. It can take some work to not get discouraged when this happens. I figure it'll be rectified on its own soon enough.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The answer all depends on how long and how over weight he was. I was obese my entire life, I will never(short of surgery) get rid of mine. I have visible pecs for the first time in my life, however my nipples and a bunch of loose skin hangs several inches below my pecs. I will be honest and say it just sucks, but hey better than being fat.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    My husband had "moobs" and now they are just about gone! 65 pound weight loss and lifting weights for a little over a year did the trick! If mine can do it, yours can too!
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband had moobs when I first met him. He was only about 10 pounds overweight but for some reason the weight went there. Even as he lost weight, they didn't really go away. What made the biggest difference was bench presses and pull ups. I think he was afraid to develop his chest because he thought it would make the area bulkier but the added muscle made a huge difference. I'd say they're completely gone now.
  • scifiguy770
    scifiguy770 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Blah I keep hearing people having success yet there own criticism overshadows it! Healthy and fit does not mean perfect we all have flaws!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!