aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Starrotts
Starrotts Posts: 164
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i am this close to bingeing ...i have been riight on working out and staying within my calories and have put on another pound ......i could scream.........................whats wrong with this picture............:mad:

Replies

• Starrotts
    i am this close to bingeing ...i have been riight on working out and staying within my calories and have put on another pound ......i could scream.........................whats wrong with this picture............:mad:
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    You are doing fine, don't give up , or give in! Muscle weighs more than fat, and holds on to water, so if you been exercising awhile this may be the case.Hang in there!:happy:
  • Hang in there. I have been there too, it is very frustratring to put in the work with no results. But it will show sooner or later( hopefully sooner)....keep up the good work.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Go by measurements, not just the scale. I went 4 days with no movement on the scale and started to get worried....but when I measured I'd lost an inch on the waist and hips. I'd take that over 1 measly pound anyday.
  • Starrotts
    :flowerforyou: what freaks me is ive gained 2 pounds in the last week and havent cheated or anything............................................:explode:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    not to push my blog or anything, but you should really check it out: www.foodaddict.ca

on a pretty hourly basis i fight the binge monster, and it's everythign i can do to keep him at bay. one of the things that has really helped me to is acknowledge WHY i have the urge to binge. are you bored, did you have a bad day at work, are you lonely, or do you simply miss the bad foods or the feeling of being really full?

once you start listening to your mind and body and figuring out why it is you're so desperate to binge, it will be alot easier to deal with, trust me.

as for the weight gain, after my last weigh-in a gained a pound and have been hovering there for the last 4 or 5 days. i was so pissed off (one of the bad things about weighing daily) but when i woke up this morning, i not only crossed the 320 mark, but i crushed it, down to 318.8. your body does weird things, and sometimes there is not alot of reason, you just have to keep doing what you've been doing, because 16 pounds down is a wonderful achievement. your body is probably just in shock.

good luck!:drinker:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Have to agree with elle, I did that one week gained two then lost 6 the next weigh in, try not to step on the scale too often, once a week is what I do.
  • JukieG
    JukieG Posts: 3 Member
    My body also did this. I was doing these crazy hard boot camp classes at the gym for a month, twice a week and I waited to weigh myself until my last class. To my horror I gained 6 pounds! My trainer told me it was because boot camp was mostly lean muscle building and muscle weighs more than fat. I started doing more cardio and only one day of boot camp. I would suggest to switch your routine to just cardio all days, but one a week. For me I work out 5 days a week. I do cardio 4 and one boot camp a week. I definitely started seeing results faster scale wise. One more tip from my trainer was to not depend on the scale so much, but more so how your clothes are fitting. That mentality has definitely helped me!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    high sodium foods can cause you to retain water/bloat. This causes temporary weight gain. Ditto if you're on or approaching your period. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.