Pick Cat vs Dog Game

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
edited July 2016 in Chit-Chat
Which one would you pick (if you had too) and why (if you want)? (I'm just curious)
Please: Pick one, no other animals, and you can't say both.
Also, I love them both, so do many people, but that's not the point of this game.

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Cat because I don't have to walk them and let them out early in the morning.
  • Amanda_1973
    Amanda_1973 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I own two of them, I have two cats and I have 1 dog and they balance each other out nicely. Cats are a little more low maintenance in regards they are less dependent, though like attention but not as much attention as a dog...a dog is a very loyal companion and very social and likes to be out and about enjoying activities. Both cat and dog, at least mine do, show true unconditional love.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I've had both, cats win hand down for me. I've had my baby boy for 17 years. He's smart and knows the day he gets wet food, he knows the exact time at night he gets his bedtime snack and he waits by the bathroom door waiting for me to come back. He's not ashamed to beg like a dog and will stick his head in whatever food you're eating. He's independent enough where I can be at work for 9 hours a day and he won't go crazy, and when I get home he's always down for a snuggle. I'm gonna be a wreck when he's gone, I don't even want to think about it. h8n9qb0xlocb.jpg
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have two cats because dogs are so needy! I mean, I also like dogs, but with my cats I know they are fine while I am at work. Also, I don't like picking up warm, fresh poo on walks.
    Cat related- anyone here use a flush-able litter?
  • MeinProgress
    MeinProgress Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can not live with out my dogs!!!adi53iqc57el.jpg
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Dogs for sure
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Dogs
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Cat. They don't make nearly as much noise as a dog, use a litter box (no walking in the rain/snow/heat), show affection their special way, and are problem solvers. Sure, you get scratched on occasion (my dog scratched the hell out of my thighs), but if you learn to read (and respect) their body language, you can avoid a lot of pain.
  • Coffeebeenz
    Coffeebeenz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Kitties are the best. My cat is my favorite thing. Cats are clean, cuddly, sweet, silly, clever and independent. I like dogs, but I hate drool/slobber, picking up poop, their fur can be smelly, and they are just a bit more... "simple"(hehe!) than cats. I love cats; I'd have like a billion more if it wasn't against the social norm :)
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Dog :)
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Dog xxx prefer dogs to humans x
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Ive had both and dogs win - there is NOTHING in the world like the way a dog greets you when you come home from work. They practically turn themselves inside out when you come through the door, they are THAT happy to see you!! Cats wouldnt deign to lift their heads from the pillow.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Dog. Cats no thnx!
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    CAT:::
    1. Easier to take care of (no need to walk them)
    2. lower vet bills
    3. kill mice that get into the house
    4. no need for a sitter if it is only 2-3 days (clean litter box, auto feeder and auto water)
    5. and since cats are still considered "untrainable" owners aren't held liable if the cat gets into fights or is aggressive.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    mxv9xdy61glc.jpg

Cat - no wait...

DOG for sure. :)

(but we have both and my cats are trained - they stay in one room, on the floor, when the weather is bad or they go outside...cat's figure it out pretty quickly. They also come when I call them)