Weight watchers online

Options
Hello,
I'm just curious if anyone has tried Weight Watchers Online and if so is it worth the money?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I was a WW Onliner for a long time, but they kept changing the program and for me, it just became less effective. I started calorie counting on here and didn't look back. It's really the same concept, except that WW counts macros rather than calories and skews the point counts towards a lower carb way of eating. I'd not go back to paying for it now.
  • jayleeshells
    jayleeshells Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just came from WW. After a VERY successful year doing Points Plus (lost 80 lbs), I've struggled like crazy once they changed to Smart Points. Here's an example:

Points Plus
    5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast = 150 Calories = 3 Points
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cone = 150 Calories = 4 Points
    Red Lobster Caramel Appletini = 150 Calories = 5 Points

Smart Points
    5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast = 150 Calories = 2 Points
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cone = 150 Calories = 8 Points
    Red Lobster Caramel Appletini = 150 Calories = 6 Points

They're pushing "clean eating" to the point that anything with sugar or fat in it is taboo. Leaves you feeling deprived or REALLY hungry (spend 35% of your daily points on an ice cream cone and you're gonna be hungry).

Anyway, I'm really liking MFP where 150 calories is just 150 calories.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hated it. Besides their outdated approach to nutrition, their website and app are beyond painful to use. MFP is superior in every way, in my opinion.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers for a long time and lost some serious weight but I find MyFitnessPal easier to use. PLUS it's free.

Weight Watchers also does not really emphasize balance in my opinion - at least not directly. I like to be able to see my macros. When I did Weight Watchers I found myself trying really hard to maximize what I could get for my points rather than actually eating a balanced diet.
  • GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm just curious if anyone has tried Weight Watchers Online and if so is it worth the money?

I did WW for 7 weeks....first 2 weeks was great and then downnnnnnnnnn hill from there,I dont feel its worth the money and support was very poor. I cancelled my membership and found MFP and I am doing sooo much better and feel better and actually I have lost weight and its easy to keep track of everthing (exercise and food), this Program is muchhhhhh better...at least for me it is
  • GitRDone57
    GitRDone57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    kschramm7 wrote: »
    I just came from WW. After a VERY successful year doing Points Plus (lost 80 lbs), I've struggled like crazy once they changed to Smart Points. Here's an example:

Points Plus
    5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast = 150 Calories = 3 Points
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cone = 150 Calories = 4 Points
    Red Lobster Caramel Appletini = 150 Calories = 5 Points

Smart Points
    5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast = 150 Calories = 2 Points
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Cone = 150 Calories = 8 Points
    Red Lobster Caramel Appletini = 150 Calories = 6 Points

They're pushing "clean eating" to the point that anything with sugar or fat in it is taboo. Leaves you feeling deprived or REALLY hungry (spend 35% of your daily points on an ice cream cone and you're gonna be hungry).

Anyway, I'm really liking MFP where 150 calories is just 150 calories.

Yes and WW pushed you to eat allllllllll the veggies and fruit you could get into ya....lots of sugar in fruit......
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Hated it. Besides their outdated approach to nutrition, their website and app are beyond painful to use. MFP is superior in every way, in my opinion.

Which is so shocking to me. I did WW back in the late 80's right around their "Fat and Fiber" program and it was a reasonable program. You had your daily calorie goals that included a minimum fiber goal and a maximum fat goal. It was something like 1500 calories (varied per person) while hitting at least 20 grams of fiber (25 for men) and trying not to go over 35 grams of fat (45 grams for men). This points system is crazy and unsustainable to me.
  • cindylynnb2016
    cindylynnb2016 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Tracking their points is too much of a hassle.. The simpler it is, more chances of sticking to it. I don't have time to track their crazy point system. Also seemed they promote home cooking which is great if you have the time! But I dine out quite a bit so want to track my calories the easy way and just learn to order the right foods and portion control.
  • jayleeshells
    jayleeshells Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I have decided to stick with myfitnesspal as I really like this site.