My name is Ally & I need your support

Options
I'm not a large girl but over the past year I've dealt with some difficult things and let myself go. I've always enjoyed healthy eating and staying active, but over the past year I've let that part of me go and I've taken on unhealthy habits of drinking, binge eating late at night and hiding from the gym. Tonight I had my "ah ha" moment you could say. It all hit me at once: my eating habits are atrocious, my curves are getting bigger and my skin is breaking out, not to mention I'm not comfortable with my body at all anymore. I'm somewhere around 150 now and it's taken about 2 years to get here from 130. I write this with the hopes of other young women with similar stories to help motivate me in the right direction! I love seeing other people succeed and love to help people reach their goals, but I often have a hard time motivating myself, so I could use all the help I can get. I have 20lbs to lose and I'm ready. Goodbye flab and hello fab!

Replies

• Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally! I began under similar circumstances. I gained about 30 pounds over the course of a couple years and then came here to work hard and lose the weight. I've been using mfp for two years now and I've been more successful than I ever could have imagined. It's possible! Good luck!
  • allycat2392
    allycat2392 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That makes me feel so good!! I've been in such a rut thinking that I just have to accept that weight gain is a part of getting older, but it shouldn't have to be! Thank you for your comment, add me!