Any other new diabetics out there?

Options
That sounds like a dodgy chat up line

Replies

• ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    May be "dodgy" but I'm sure there are a whole lot of us. June 30 I had an A1C done that was 7.9. While that was a minor improvement over the last, my blood sugar readings before meals were not anything to be proud of. Since then I've started using MFP keeping my calories between 1350 and 1500. I do meal planning and am faithful about my diary. I've lost 20 pounds and my blood sugars before meals are in the 75-95 range. I feel better and have more energy and have been able to back off on my Lantus.
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Congrats to u ptipton520!
    I'm a type 2 n noticed a decrease of bs when I started exercising. So I have added just a few carbs in to my diet.
    Add me as a friend I could use the encouragement to stay healthy when eating.

• LynnBBQ72
    LynnBBQ72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I just signed up yesterday. Type 2. Last A1C was 6.9. I've had it down to 6.1 before and then let myself go. I only take Metformin, no insulin, and I'm hoping to get my stuff together enough to stay off the insulin! Anyone can add me as a friend - I'm new and could use the help.
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just diagnosed as prediabetic. Been back on MFP for 38 days and have lost 19 lbs. Just changing diet - decreasing carbs. first morning glucose is still in 120's range but some days it's in the teens. I guess that's progress. Not on any meds but would love any friends who can help me figure all this out. Please feel free to add me.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    It's good to see how other people are coping.My daily glucose is generally around 11.1 fasting. I would love to see it go down to 5
  • tamaera
    tamaera Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just diagnosed with Sudden onset diabetes here too. My doc has given me until November to get healthy and maybe off Metformin so healthy start again I go :)
  • JoenDeb1958
    Options
    tamaera wrote: »
    Just diagnosed with Sudden onset diabetes here too. My doc has given me until November to get healthy and maybe off Metformin so healthy start again I go :)

Add me we will work it together!
  • jenga95
    jenga95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a new diabetic as of May 17. My uncle had massive heart attack and died the same day. I also have fibromyalgia. I work full time. No kids. No pets. Friend me. Thanks
  • JoenDeb1958
    Options
    Jenga95
    welcome
    I have been type 2 for 5 years n find it difficult being mindful of my bs.
    It's difficult but your journey starts with one step at a time.
    Add me and we will encourage each other
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am type 2. Just started actually dealing with it last month. Learning!
    Ate a subway sandwich the other day -- half for lunch, half for supper. Really sent my numbers up high. Learning!
    I want to eat oatmeal. Also sends my numbers into orbit. Learning!
    I take insulin. I keep having to adjust it higher and higher. Learning!
    Lost the weight a few years ago. Maintaining. Learning!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with type 2 last week. I had gestational diabetes two years ago. Had to check my blood 5 times a day and was on some med that dropped my sugar too low. Now my Dr has put me on metformin twice a day, but said right now I don't need to check my sugars. I just remember when I was pregnant it was so hard to find the right balance of carbs to keep my sugars ok, and that was with going to the diabetes center and keeping a food and blood sugar diary!