NSV First 5K :-)

Options
I completed my first 5K on Saturday! I finished in 32:31 & I never stopped running :-) I'm super proud of myself this is a huge accomplishment for me. I told myself I would be happy if I finished at or under 45 mins & I did way better then that. I can't wait to do another 5K. I plan on getting two more 5K's under my belt then on to a 10K. Preparing for the 5K over the last few months has really helped me to up my exercising and build up my endurence. I hated running before & now i'm starting to absolutely love it :-) Next step is to start eating like and athlete.

Replies

• greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's awesome CONGRATS I have my first 5k on July 16 th currently I'm only able to run non-stop 2.5 miles planning on doing 3 miles straight by then! Hoping I can run in in less than 40 mins. Keep it up! and good luck to your future races!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Great job!! Be proud of what you've done to get you there and keep pushing yourself to get to that 10k!
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    WTG! I ran a 5k today too. Haven't ran that amount in awhile and it was good to know that I could still run that distance without stopping =)
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    That is awesome! Great job!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Thank you everyone :-)
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That is wonderful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!