GNC total lean

Options
Hi,

I'm starting to drink GNC total lean as some of my meal replacements. I have heard different ways to do this though. I was thinking I would replace breakfast and lunch with the shakes, along with a piece of fruit and then eat a well balanced dinner. Should I be doing this everyday or just a few times a week. I am new to this so please no bashing, just trying to learn:)

Replies

• sarajean123
    sarajean123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What do you think meal replacement shakes will help you learn?

Unless you're planning on drinking them for the rest of your life then it isn't a sustainable lifestyle change.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I drink the GNC Lean Burn shakes before I workout.

Drinking your meals rather than chewing them doesn't make a difference as far as weigh loss goes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you prefer shakes to food, yes. If you prefer to eat food, eat food. To lose weight, you need a sustained calorie deficit. This means eating less than you burn, and do it for a long time. So do whatever makes that as easy as possible, without damaging your health.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Shakes are great for supplementing protein needs and as a sometime replacement for a meal.

BUT, shakes aren't great for weight loss because they teach you nothing that will help you keep the weight you lose off. This part is really hard (many people take it for granted).

I'm fat because my portions are too big. Logging meals and snacks teaches me what my portions should be. Meal replacement shakes are designed for users to skip all that. This is a site where people log food.....you won't get a lot of support here.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't drink shakes for weight loss. I drink them before an intense workout.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm starting to drink GNC total lean as some of my meal replacements. I have heard different ways to do this though. I was thinking I would replace breakfast and lunch with the shakes, along with a piece of fruit and then eat a well balanced dinner. Should I be doing this everyday or just a few times a week. I am new to this so please no bashing, just trying to learn:)

I'd eat food and not those shakes, not because I'm not a shake fan... I have them all the time... it's just not sustainable and they're really a snack ... they aren't meals.

If you adamant about the shakes, it would be best to have your largest meal for breakfast and shakes for the lunch and dinner, again you won't feel good and you'll probably only last a couple of days doing this.

Get use to the bashing if you're going to post on the forums, there is a group of elitist/ cool kids/ online bullies/ forum trolls who like to "tear people up" because they lack purpose/ meaning in their personal lives and seek acceptance online (it's kind of sad really) . Just ignore them or tell them to *kitten* off like I do.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I'm fat because my portions are too big. Logging meals and snacks teaches me what my portions should be. Meal replacement shakes are designed for users to skip all that. This is a site where people log food.....you won't get a lot of support here.

^^This. Approaching weight loss with special diets is in my opinion the reason why so many of us have been yo-yo dieters for decades: we divide our lives into "on a diet" and "not on a diet" portions, lose weight, put it back on, lose it again. Forever.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'd eat food and not those shakes, not because I'm not a shake fan... I have them all the time... it's just not sustainable and they're really a snack ... they aren't meals.

If you adamant about the shakes, it would be best to have your largest meal for breakfast and shakes for the lunch and dinner, again you won't feel good and you'll probably only last a couple of days doing this.

Get use to the bashing if you're going to post on the forums, there is a group of elitist/ cool kids/ online bullies/ forum trolls who like to "tear people up" because they lack purpose/ meaning in their personal lives and seek acceptance online (it's kind of sad really) . Just ignore them or tell them to *kitten* off like I do.

No a lot have been there don't that and seen it doesn't work and want to stop others making the same mistakes. ...