Down 20+lbs in a month

Options
ketcher20
ketcher20 Posts: 21 Member
I have been working hard and eating healthy I've lost 20lbs in about a month. Anyone feel free to add me to keep each other motivated and accountable

Replies

• BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Losing 20 lbs. sure sounds dangerous.
  • KellyFaulds
    KellyFaulds Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 15lbs in 16 days - presuming mostly water weight first week as only 3lbs last week which is my target x I've added you, hope that's ok
  • LittleFox83
    LittleFox83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough calories! I'm not you, but I've lost this much weight this quickly before, and it was because I was taking in 500 or less calories. It's not sustainable, and I gained it all back. Now I'm doing it again, this time by eating better foods and exercising every day.

Again I'm not you. I don't know how you did it. If you're not starving, good for you! Best of luck.
  • sdarlingsmith
    sdarlingsmith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 20lbs, how did you do it in a month
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    First, CONGRATS! If you lost that weight in a safe and healthy way, good for you!

That said, for others asking how it's done, I don't think 20 lbs in a month is something to strive for. For most people, that's not a healthy or sustainable rate of loss. I lost 16 lbs in a month but I started at over 200 lbs and had been eating/drinking horribly for weeks before I changed my habits. I cut out alcohol, simple carbs, sugar (except what naturally occurs in foods like fruit), and dairy. I don't think cutting all those things out is necessary to lose weight, and weight loss was absolutely NOT the only reason I did it (I wanted to see how my body reacted to various types of foods because allergy tests keep coming back with mixed results). I also starting drinking tons of water (and unsweetened iced tea) and increased my activity but more along the lines of gardening and home projects, and occasionally a pilates routine. Most of that weight was probably water weight, and came off the first two weeks. The second two weeks my weight stayed about the same but I was no longer bloated, and even my clothes and wedding ring started to fit better.
  • BodayJohnnay
    BodayJohnnay Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Did you test your bodyfat% before and after?
    Be sure to get that so you know how much muscle mass you're maintaining during that cut.(deficit)

You have a higher chance of losing MORE MUSCLE when you have a big deficit. (may not apply to you in the past or currently) Slow and steady.

You have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1lb
    20lbs X 3500=70000 calories burned

Great job, keep up the hard work, but most importantly stay consistent like you are. It's a mix of water weight as well as fat loss. As long as you're giving your body the calories it needs to function and recover from your workouts, you'll be good.

***Be aware of how many calories youre eating now in comparison to what you will be eating a month from now. (Your muscle mass is going to increase, burning more calories daily than before when you had less muscle & more fat) <--the is where a lot of people fail to recomp. They plateau and wonder what's happening...they aren't getting enough calories to maintain their current muscle because they're eating the way they did when they were at 25% bodyfat and now theyre at 15%. (that makes a difference!) When you lose hard earned muscle, you lose the opportunity to be burning more calories and that's the goal-to be a calorie burning machine!
    Great progress
    -PT John
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    me too ! Congratulations !!
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are awesome ! Great job !
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been dieting for a month now and have lost 21Ibs :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!