I need to tell my WW Leader I quit.

Options
She's my friend on FB. Tomorrow will be the 3rd week in a row that I've not gone to a WW meeting.
I've decided to give it a rest for now. Too stressful, I'm wasting my money, I've been at a plateau for 7 months and it's just not getting better.
I came to MFP a few weeks ago and I've lost 1.5 lbs.
Anyway, is it tacky to tell my WW Leader over FB that I quit. Should I go see her in person?
I live in a rural area and I drive 35 miles to my WW meeting.
I just want to take the easy way out, but don't know if it's rude.
I really do like her and I hate to leave her hanging high & dry.
Any advice?

Replies

• watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you're nicer then me, I just stopped going. I have a feeling that's the popular method of retreat
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd call her if you have her number - it's a bit more personal but saves you a drive.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well, if you feel like you need to tell her - then you could always private message her on Facebook. Since it is 35 miles to go to a meeting - no use wasting time and gas driving there to tell her you won't be coming anymore.
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i would call. But blame it on it being to far and not that MFP is more fun! lol
  • mamasita38
    mamasita38 Posts: 28
    Options
    My guess is she already knows I quit. However, there were a couple of really nice women at my meeting.
    One older lady who was always happy to see me & my baby. She mentioned buying a birthday gift for him which was 2 weeks ago.
    I would hate to think of her showing up at the meeting with a gift and me never going back.
    I do feel awful about this. Feel like I'm letting people down, but I need my sanity and that's more important to me.
    I just think I do owe my leader at least a "Thank you".
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what happened with me and my personal trainer! But I was never FB friends with her...maybe private message.
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you want closure by saying good-bye to some friends... or to welcome them to MFP! I've always felt that WW is a waste of money with apps like MFP.
  • mamasita38
    Options
    WW worked for me in the past, and I reached my goal and made Lifetime.......then I got pregnant.
    I found out the day I made Lifetime that I was pregnant. Can you believe that Sh#t?
    ha ha.
    Anyway, I can't do it anymore. Too expensive. I know the program, so if I still want to do it I can, but not now.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Personally I wrote my meeting leader a pm during the next to last meeting....lol. I was using mfp. To log so I said bye to the whole group......I still keep in touch with one lady from there.........do whatever you feel is best. I announced it but it was WAY more convienient to go......not 35 miles away. Good luck:)
  • candiigraham
    candiigraham Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think you should send a private message asking her to call you or for her # and call her. Let her know the commute was to much to tell her in person and that you would still like to be buddies. That way you can brag.....I mean talk about MFP and she can talk about WW.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Send a personal message on Facebook and thank her for getting you this far - and tell her exactly what you've said here "the distance is too great, you really miss the folks, but this is working and it makes your life less stressful" - she'll understand as long as you're still going toward your goal. Ask her to join MFP just for the community. Even WW regulars can join MFP ... might be a nice change for some of the regulars. I know I'm better off.
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are very polite to consider people's feelings! I would PM her on FB. WW is just too expensive, and I am much more motivated on MFP. The support over here is amazing!! GL
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You are polite! Give the leader a call and explain the drive time and the plateau and the money issues. They should be understanding and its probably better than just blowing it off completely.
  • mamasita38
    Options
    Thanks, all.
    I sent her a Private message on FB. I haven't heard back from her yet, but I won't take it personally if I don't hear from her.
    She's a good person, but she has a life too.