Roundup - 2lbs/week challenge. [closed group]

Options
Ten of us went through a twelve week, Fourth of July, two pound a week challenge. It was great, everyone lost some weight.

I'd like the challenge-mate to give suggestions, things from other challenges that could have been used to make it more fun or motivating, and ideas. Thank you again all for helping me lose twelve pounds and get me within about ten pounds of my goal.
ChartFinal-1.jpg

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    The challenge was fun and helped me sooooo much to stay accountable. And we all lost, which is very good.
    I hope you will start a new one soon. *hint hint*
    Maybe next time we could get some mini-challenges in, something that includes exercises. Next to that I'm pretty happy with how it was. I liked that you kept us on track with the messages you sent. That was really a big plus. :-)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I loved the challenge....but towards the end I didn't exercise as much as I should have.
    Thank so much Chris for helping us stay with it....and giving up your time to do the spreadsheet & the messages!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    I liked this challenge. I'll definitely be in if you do it again.
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    I think it went great, it was an AWSOME motivation...........of course it was up and down but it got us moving.......Thank you so much for taking the time to do it...
  • JLSTEGEM
    JLSTEGEM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It was a GREAT challenge! I wouldn't change a thing! I want to start a new one soon. Great Job everyone!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    This was my first challenge and I absolutely loved it!
    Thank you Chris for all your work!
    It was awesome "meeting" new friends who are all working towards the same goals and who were so supportive of each other.
    I recently challenged the ladies I work with to some exercise challenges. FIrst we started with 100 crunches/ day. You can do them all at once, split them, whatever. You could also mix them up with whatever type you want to do. This week we added 125 butt taps(crunches). They wanted to continue with the crunches and add the taps. Basically it's a squat but you have to "tap" your cheeks on a chair.. little harder to cheat! I literally put a bunch of different exercises on little pieces of paper and put them in one envelope. I put various quantities on little pieces of paper in another envelope and chose one of each... 125 butt taps is not an easy feat. I found this out very quickly!
    Anyhow.. that's the only idea I have. I'm not very creative.
    Thanks again Chris!
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think we should start a new challenge because I still have a ways to go (:
    I really like Mcctin's idea with the exercises though.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    It was a fun challenge and provided focus. It also prevented me from going crazy on my cheat day (Saturday) because I knew I was going to weigh-in on Monday mornings.

Thanks for your time putting it together and keeping it going.
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hey, @tinkerbellang83 I was a fired up group leader back in 2011 during my first weight loss. This challenge was a lot of work and a lot of fun. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get on your "weekly weigh-in" routine. The graphic-iness and group-iness all make it motivating and helpful