I've got 70 pounds to lose

Options
Hi, I'm 14 and I weight around 14 stone (196 pounds) I've been running at least 1 mile everyday, usually 2 and been going to the gym daily, I'm really trying but sometimes I just burn out, becoming really unmotivated sucks, any help? Thanks

Replies

• calebw2244
    calebw2244 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just know it's gonna be a long transformation and it's not gonna happen overnight, don't rush it, try to enjoy working out and meeting new ppl in the gym and you'll usually stay motivated.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Slow and steady wins the race! and persistance pays off. All cliche's I know, but it's absolutely true! Good luck on your journey!
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 14 and I weight around 14 stone (196 pounds) I've been running at least 1 mile everyday, usually 2 and been going to the gym daily, I'm really trying but sometimes I just burn out, becoming really unmotivated sucks, any help? Thanks

Welcome! First off, congrats that you are wanting to get a healthier lifestyle. Doing the same thing everyday does lose its luster. I would suggest coming up with a program that tailors to what you want to do. You can try by going to a local gym to see if there are trainers available for your use. If not, there are programs out there for free (results may vary); for example bodybuilding.com has many programs that you can use. They are different in styles (strength, fat loss, endurance, etc.). Also if you want to lose weight, I would suggest doing a HIIT style of cardio. Steady state (like running) does burn calories but usually your body will get use to it. With HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), it also helps give strength, tone and fat loss and a better result.

Also look at your types of food you are eating. Keep a diary. Have a food style that has a caloric deficit (no more than 500 calories) and focus on more fiber, protein and whole foods like veggies and fruits. Drinking water does help too with cravings, bored-eating and helps you stay hydrated and regular.

If you do have questions, feel free to ask anyone on here. We are all here to benefit our lives by living better and healthier and trust me when I say that I know what you are going through and I'm not alone in that fact.

Good luck to you and wish you all the best!