Snack with morning coffee at my desk

Options
ViDexSha
ViDexSha Posts: 46 Member
I'm looking for a morning snack to go with my coffee at work. I used to eat a croissant, then switched to granola type bars, but these will not work with weight loss. Do you have any good recipes? or snacks that is easy to transport and are good with a coffee?

Replies

• nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do oatmeal with 1/2 banana or whole wheat toast.
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    While I have no answers for your question, I too face the same dilemma. But I'm ready for some good answers.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same breakfast every morning and it's OK cause I love it:

2 boiled eeggs
    2 string cheese
    1/4 cup of Bear Naked Honey Almond oats
    2-3oz of turkey sausage

My diary is open, unless I don't have money for what I want that is always my breakfast. Haha
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds and a piece of fruit is my first go to choice. I keep the raw almonds in my desk drawer & bring whatever fresh fruit I have at home each day.
    For a change up I will have oatmeal or yogurt with chia seeds.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    English muffin with peanut butter
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like something with coffee as a snack also. I usually bring to work 1 slice whole grain bread with almond butter and all fruit jelly. I like a bread textured type item with my coffee. Sometimes I have a Quest protein bar. They have all different flavors.
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Canteloupe, water melon, banana, etc.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    cuties, bananas, single pop tart, english muffin, hard boiled eggs, avocado on toast, oatmeal, grits, yogurt, greek yogurt, pre-cooked chicken or turkey,
  • Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My absolute luxury snack is coffee with cashews and raisins....so yum!
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I posted but it isn't showing, so apologies if this is a double post. Anyway, I was just saying that I'm not sure why a granola bar with coffee won't work. That's my "go to" breakfast. I prefer the Kashi brand chewy bars because they tend to have lower sugar and a higher protein to calorie ratio than other brands. In particular, I like the Chewy Dark Mocha Almond because it has 130 calories and 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber.

Baby Bell cheeses are also very transportable (like string cheese) and go nicely with a piece of bread or fruit (or on their own).
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I love those Italian-style Pizzelle waffle cookies. Not too sweet. I get the Aldi french vanilla flavor. 6 cookies for 140 calories! They're flat and crispy. If you like Anise, that's a traditional flavor option. Wonderful with coffee, if you're looking for more of a carby thing than a protein thing.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I love cheese in general for my second breakfast. I sometimes use homemade protein energy bites or fruit.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I eat a bag of almonds I get from sam's club. Not really low cal (220) but I think its better for me that those snack bars. I can here the "a calorie is a calorie" gang revving their engines.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    ViDexSha wrote: »
    I'm looking for a morning snack to go with my coffee at work. I used to eat a croissant, then switched to granola type bars, but these will not work with weight loss. Do you have any good recipes? or snacks that is easy to transport and are good with a coffee?

Why won't those work with weight loss? Croissants, or granola bars, or both?

Anything that fits within your calorie goal "works for weight loss"....
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another snack I have with coffee...a low fat waffle with light spreadable laughing cow cheese and a few almonds or walnuts on top.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    I eat a bag of almonds I get from sam's club. Not really low cal (220) but I think its better for me that those snack bars. I can here the "a calorie is a calorie" gang revving their engines.

If you feel it's better in the context of your own diet, nobody is going to argue against that.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Croissant ...200 calories

Is that too much for a snack?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Fewer calories than a croissant? That works with coffee

2 Oreos...108
    3 Mcvities Rich Tea...110
    Multipack of walkers pops ...16g ...85