Wednesday Mini Challenge

Options
Charger440
Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
Today's challenge is: Tricep Dips

Let's see if we can do 150.

You can do them any style you want and you have until midnight to get them done.
If you can't do 150 then do what you can.
The important thing is that you try to do it.
Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
Report back when you are done and let us know how you did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx9gVDCnT84

That video is kinda goofy but it gets the point across :)

Replies

• DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    On it! How do you do a tricep dip roughly?
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I just found mini challenge yesterday. I love it! I was going to take today as exercise free, but now I am accepting the challenge. Keep issuing them. They are motivating and provide variety. I would not think to do many of these exercises. I usually just walk. Also being an older ( high 50s female), I appreciate the video attachments telling me how to do the exercises safely.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I will try my best!
  • kathyrice
    kathyrice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love these challenges! It is not something that I would think to do when exercising! Having a goal to reach is great for me to attempt a new exercise ! Thanks for postings these! I am in for today's challenge!
  • donbet69
    donbet69 Posts: 133
    Options
    Bump. Will add to tonight's routine.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Note to self: Do not try these on your rolling desk chair. :laugh:

Edit: Ok. 30 down. Will do more later. :smile:
  • kathyrice
    Options
    OMG I saw your post and about fell over from laughing because if you wouldn't have posted that I would have truly tried it and been on the floor! Lmao!

10 down...only 140 to go! I'm thinking 10 an hour I should be able to get to 150 by midnight!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    OMG I saw your post and about fell over from laughing because if you wouldn't have posted that I would have truly tried it and been on the floor! Lmao!

10 down...only 140 to go! I'm thinking 10 an hour I should be able to get to 150 by midnight!

I don't have a bench, so I found my (un-carpeted) stairs to be the best place for it. I started on the 2nd step, and dipped until my bum just grazed the bottom step.

150 done! Yay!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Done :smile:

That was a tough one, my hands have gone limp and i'm struggling to type :smile:

Look forward to tomorrows, please go easy on us :happy:
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    will work on this tonight
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of a mini challenge...im in! Do you do this everyday?
  • Charger440
    Options
    Love the idea of a mini challenge...im in! Do you do this everyday?

Thank you. Yes, I do them everyday but Sunday. Sunday is a stretching day. But even on Sunday it's nice if people check in when they are done stretching.
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Finished. I did them in sets of twenty over the course of the day. It is even possible to do them at work. This was a workout for me. I hope I can pick up my cup of coffee tomorrow morning. I am so glad to hear you do daily challenges. You will be my go to sit first thing in the morning.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Okay, I totally think that I was born without triceps!!!!!!!! :mad: I managed to do 30 (3 sets of 10) before my arms gave out complety! :sad: I am sorry everyone...I have NEVER been able to do a "regular" push-up or a pull-up in my entire life. Tri-cep dips are just not my thing........yet!!! I will succeed one day and now I know that I need to work even harder on my arms, so tricep dips are in my future daily workout! :wink:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Done! I did 10 sets of 15 throughout the afternoon & night...my triceps will be sore tomorrow! Thanks for the challenge, it was hard but it felt good :)
  • kathyrice
    Options
    Finally done! I really didn't think I was going to make this challenge but I did it. It took me all day but I managed to get them all in! Can't wait to see what tomorrow's challenge is!

Thanks Charger!
  • Charger440
    Options
    I got mine done. I did 200 of them.

Great job yall, keep up the great work!
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Crud, I only got 60 done. Will try harder on tomorrow's challenge!