Easy Salmon recipes needed.

Options
I love salmon but I don't really know how to cook that well. Does anyone have any easy recipes for salmon?

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    I love salmon but I don't really know how to cook that well. Does anyone have any easy recipes for salmon?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I buy those salmon portions at the store and went to the spice aisle and found a generic spice mix for fish. I put them in a pan, sprinkle on the seasoning, put a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan and broil it for 10min, flipping halfway through.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    We bake or BBQ them with a little bit of dill, lemon, garlic and low-fat mayo on top of them- yum! cooking time depends on thickness of fish- we always use a thermometer though as well.

A little brown sugar, onions and lemon is good as well, but I am not a big fan of "sweet" so I don't use that often, or use much sugar when I use that recipe.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I bake it.
    I rub a small amount of olive oil and lemon juice into the fillets and then I sprinkle with a bit of black pepper, easy easy.

I have also tried it with a bit of maple syrup rubbed in instead it is really yummy if you're barbequeing.
  • jamieerindesigns
    Options
    I know this might sound weird but marinate the salmon in soy sauce for about 25-30 min take it out of the marinade and bake at 375* for about 15-20 min, putting sliced onions ontop while baking adds a little extra flavor... its delious!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I really like Teriyaki Salmon. You can use store bought sauce (my favorite is Soy Vay) or make your own with brown sugar (try Splenda's brown sugar substitute), reduced sodium soy sauce, garlic, powdered or fresh ginger and (I only use this if I have it leftover from sushi) wasabi. Mix it all together, marinade the salmon in it for at least an hour, then grill the salmon. While I grill my salmon I reduce the sauce down in a pot until it's syrupy and pour it over the finished salmon for an extra teriyaki treat. Mmmm...

Or just spray it with butter flavored pam, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, and cover it with onion and lemon then bake it in the oven. I like my salmon on the rarer side, not dry and flakey.

Dang...now I have to go get some so I can have it for dinner! Mmmm...