Completed day one of #FB Blend but still too sore

Options
Hi!

I've done day one of the fitness blender two week program, blend. Its lower body and was really fun. My problem is that it took an entire week for me not to be in pain. My body was far too sore that all I wanted to do was lay down.

How can I work out and avoid this from happening? Working out one day a week isn't good enough and its a moral killer to be in pain for so many days.

Thanks

Replies

• CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Do something different during recovery days. Take a walk. Work upper body.
    Try to modify the FB workout next time to be just a bit easier. Don't squat quite so low, maybe do fewer reps...
    It will get better!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Walk the day between workouts. Moving is the only cure for muscle soreness. (you could also do yoga if you like it, that's my favorite rest day workout, but I walk as well.)
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I've found that working out again helps ease the soreness. The workouts following a major sore day should be a little more mellow. Drink TONS of water and take profen as needed. I find that if I am meeting my protein goals the soreness isn't nearly as long.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    ^Agree. I was still very sore today, but once I got going, I didn't even notice it. Moving around is the best cure!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yup, got to get back on the horse. Once you get going much of the soreness goes away. If you leave too long a break between workouts it's going to take longer for your body to adapt and it will be a problem for longer than it really needs to be. I still regularly get sore, it varies, I rarely take a day off for it.

Currently doing FBfit 2, love Fitness Blender!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Also, Fitness Blender are pretty good about not working the same muscle groups intensely two days in a row, so if you did lower, the next one is more likely to be an upper focus or whole body so it won't be so rough on whatever is hurting.