Eating out and alcohol help please!

Options
Hi all

Im new and started today, im going for an indian at the weekend, how can i find the calories? Also what alcohol is low in calories!?

Thanks in advance xxx

Replies

• lucydee11
    lucydee11 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'd try and go for something relatively spicy , tomato based - and dry-ish. Bhuna is probably best. If you want rice, definitely go for boiled, which contains around 370 calories per portion. Pilau rice has oil added to it and with 650 calories in a portion it’s best to give it a miss.

I'd also avoid Naan...at least 300 calories.
    1 x poppadom is 65 calories.

Take a look at http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/eating_out/indian_food.htm for more curry tips.

When it comes to alcohol, I'd try vodka lime and soda - around 70 calories per glass. The clearer the spirit, the 'healthier' when it comes to calories it is. That, or very dry white wine.

Good luck, eatting out is always a challenge!
  • ShabbyAbby007
    ShabbyAbby007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi ya,

A Gin and slimline tonic is 65 calories. Also if you prefer something a bit sweeter rum and diet coke is also 65 calories. They have to be singles though. If you're drinking doubles it's double the calories for half the drinks!

Good luck!
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Vodka Tonics are my savior... but Tonic water is an acquired taste. Try it with some lime or lemon.
  • nicxox
    nicxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    With the food tomato based dishes are a far better choice than creamy ones. The serving sizes at Indian restauraunts are always huge, so remember you don't have to eat it all!

With alcohol, I had a glass of Pimms and diet lemonade last night and was very happy to dicover it was only 41 calories! (made with 25ml Pimm's)
  • ErikaS321
    ErikaS321 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Search some dishes that you think you might order and check out the calories,I do it on my food diary and then just delete them. Same goes for alcohol at least then you will have an idea before you go out :)