Struggeling with exercise and keeping the weight off?

Options
I lost 10kg since last February, and feel really good about it, but once I hit my goal weight the motivation started dripping off, and all the things I hadn't been able to eat much of in months (I never cut anything out, just limited sugar and fatty products) I craved every day, and gave in to temptation. Now I've gained ~3kg back, and lost muscle, but I just can't motivate myself to work out! I keep thinking "tomorrow I'll wake up early and do it". Once I get on with it I know t won't be hard to keep it up, but man is it frustrating. I feel like I'm arguing with 2 people. MissChubby who keeps telling me to snack and skip working out, and MissDiscipline who just want to feel and look great. Does anyone else have similar problems? And how do u deal with it???

Replies

• oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I say this to myself every single morning (and every single time I think I want to eat a whole cake instead of a pot of yogurt!):

One year from now you'll wish you had started today.

If you're having trouble motivating yourself, start small. Promise you'll exercise for 5 minutes and can stop after that. For me, it's WAY too much trouble to put on all my exercise gear and get all sweaty for only 5 minutes, so I usually keep going!

Also, try something new. I've just ordered an exercise hula hoop because I think it'll be fun and it'll be something I can do while I watch tv. I also don't have to put on workout clothing to do it, so it takes that excuse away from me!
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem at the moment - can't seem to motivate myself to exercise and usually end up going over on calories because of it. I need to make a change and find something new to do (or just stop being lazy!!) I know how you feel! I might try swimming if i can find the time! :flowerforyou:
  • ShabbyAbby007
    ShabbyAbby007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!

A friend of mine said this to me once right before I was about to take a big bite out of a snickers bar and it worked I put the offensive chocolate in the bin! Now I tell myself this all the time when I'm tempted by something. MOST of the time, it works. Just think about how good you feel when you look in the mirror and you're slim and you KNOW you look great! Personally I'd rather feel like that all the time then eat something yummy for 5 minutes!

You can do it!