My first day following MFP today! :D

Options
Morning all

I have started calorie counting today, have never done this before so hope i can get to grips with it.

Whats a typical days food for you guys?

This morning i had 300 kals for breakfast is that normal or too much or too less?! Sorry im new to all this as im used to following weight watchers but need a changed as keep gaining on ww as not sticking to it.

Ive started the gym 3 mornings a week now too so i hope this will help.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Lou x

Replies

• Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to mfp
    my breakfast is usually around 300 but then my other meals vary I dont think it matters what you have when as long as your eating your calories
    have a look at my food diary if you think it will help :)
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Also meant to say that yes 300 calories does sound good for a breakfast, but i suppose it depends on your daily calorie allowance. Mine is 1350 and my breakfast is usually between 280 and 350 calories.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yea 300 is what i have, tho i read somewhere last week that breakfast should be higher to kickstart your motabolism And that your breakfast should have lots of protein so your muscles have enough to work with during the day
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome :smile:

Congrats on your marriage for next year - it's good to have an incentive to help you stick to the diet :smile:

I am sure you will love it on here, lots of encouragement and support from like minded people who will help you on your way.

My daily calorie allowance is 1200, and I usually allow about 200 for breakfast, but I would say your 300 sounds fine :smile:

Remember to log everything as ii really does help and is quite an eyeopener when you find out what you thought was low in calories isn't. Exercise helps alot too :smile:

Good luck :smile:
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My diary is open if you'd like to take a peek at what I'm eating.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Morning all

I have started calorie counting today, have never done this before so hope i can get to grips with it.

Whats a typical days food for you guys?

This morning i had 300 kals for breakfast is that normal or too much or too less?! Sorry im new to all this as im used to following weight watchers but need a changed as keep gaining on ww as not sticking to it.

Ive started the gym 3 mornings a week now too so i hope this will help.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Lou x

Welcome!!

I think 300 calories is just fine, I do sometimes less, sometimes more. I'll be honest and say I woldn't worry about the calories as much, I found that when I worried about it, I didn't lose weight...when I didn't, I lost weight! Just make the right choices, and record here what you do eat!

Don't think of what you are doing as a diet! Keep it up, and never stop! Cheat meals are your friend, I have a couple every week to keep my taste buds sane.

It also helps to keep a little blog, and use it like a "facebook of fitness" :) That way the friends on here can motivate you and you can share your ups and downs!

Congrats on getting in and good luck!
  • mylittlepony11
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your comments and support! its lovely to have some support. Well so far so good, just about to have a green tea! :)
  • ErikaS321
    ErikaS321 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I just started this week, Good Luck..
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    Hello! I normally have about that for breakfast, 400ish for lunch, 500ish for dinner and then some snacks.

Feel free to add me if you want to look at my diary for help or anything, I have recently started back at the gym too!

Good luck on your journey x